Michael Yon on Lasers

Just seen this on Yons Facebook page

Laser

For those with no FB account I reproduce it here

Laser

While no suprise, it does show how far up modern civvie technology is these days.

So, JDAM-alike seems to be the way forward. Probably.

Am i right in thinking a lot of US soldiers equip their weapons with Laser pointers? are they common with uk troops? because i've not seen one mounted on an SA80a2.

We aren't allowed them as the AAC pilots cry when they get pointed at their helicopters.

verticalgyro said:
Nothing new.

Smudge - I know I am usually draconian in my views of how Aircrew should be treated, but even I think it's fairly reasonable to allow our pilots the luxury of eyesight - respect to you on your zero tolerance policy of making life easy for them.
Of course there's a difference....hence I said pointer, not designator ;)

I tried it on my own eyes 1st....they'd have been fine.

Just think, all you would need to do to get terry jumping 24/7 is give some kids some laser pointers.

countymounty said:
Who cares what the airscrew think?
All those who don't fancy walking home..................you penis.

sandmanfez said:
countymounty said:
Who cares what the airscrew think?
All those who don't fancy walking home..................you penis.
Twat!!!!!The question was CAN THEY HIT THE TARGET????.As for walking home,if they are A.A.C.,Thats part of being a soldier,if they are crabs,well,it's time they learned.Since when did soldiers lose the ability to WALK?As for thinking,the only thinking that is required is how do I hit the target so that the ALL guys on the ground can walk home.