Michael Yon on Lasers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PE4rocks, May 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen this on Yons Facebook page

For those with no FB account I reproduce it here

While no suprise, it does show how far up modern civvie technology is these days.

So, JDAM-alike seems to be the way forward. Probably.
  2. Am i right in thinking a lot of US soldiers equip their weapons with Laser pointers? are they common with uk troops? because i've not seen one mounted on an SA80a2.
  3. We aren't allowed them as the AAC pilots cry when they get pointed at their helicopters.
  4. Of course there's a difference....hence I said pointer, not designator ;)

I tried it on my own eyes 1st....they'd have been fine.
  5. Who cares what the airscrew think, the only question that needs to be answered is Can you hit the fcuking target!!!!?
  6. Just think, all you would need to do to get terry jumping 24/7 is give some kids some laser pointers.
  7. All those who don't fancy walking home..................you penis.
  8. Twat!!!!!The question was CAN THEY HIT THE TARGET????.As for walking home,if they are A.A.C.,Thats part of being a soldier,if they are crabs,well,it's time they learned.Since when did soldiers lose the ability to WALK?As for thinking,the only thinking that is required is how do I hit the target so that the ALL guys on the ground can walk home.