Michael Yon: "Little Girl" photo

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bravo_Bravo, Jan 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One for when the lefties say that the US are killing Muslims...

Little girl

Speaking as a parent, I've just had an hay fever attack.

Michael Moore used this photo, without Mr. Yon's permission, to insinuate that the poor child was killed by the US.
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Michael Moore is a despicable turd without the capacity to feel any shame for what he has done. He's another Piers Morgan - quite happy to publish outright lies to further his own ego and make headlines.
  3. It's still a 2005 story !!!!!!!!

Edited to add Michael Moore is a big fat lying cnut.
  4. Michael Moore is at least on the wrong side of a lawsuit over that. Oh and yes, he deserves to be turned into biodiesel. Slowly.

Michael Moore Lawsuit Update
    Published: 15 January 2009

We have not yet filed in court, but will very soon if Mr. Moore does not settle the matter immediately. The court paperwork takes time, though my attorney informed me that Mr. Moore’s attorney, after seven months of delay, called us late yesterday. Michael Moore’s attorney and mine, Mr. John Mason, are playing phone tag today.

The New York Post picked up the story today with: “Moore Misuses War Photo.”

Huffington Post followed: “Michael Moore in Legal Trouble With War Photographer.”

To understand the importance of this potential lawsuit, please read the dispatch I wrote: "Michael Moore's Crime"

5. I just had a look at the Huffington Post article and some of the comments at the bottom make me want to smack people. It's like the Guardian but even worse, I didn't even think that was possible.
  6. Feel sorry for me. I work odd hours, so in a semi-OCD kind of way I read all the main UK papers when they kick in online at midnight. I can't decide whether to hurl abuse at the trolls at the Mail or the Guardian first...