Michael Yon latest; Bad Medicine

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bravo_Bravo, Aug 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yet another outstanding report from Michael Yon.
  2. excellent articles
  3. 'The friendly attack dog. A dog handler recently told me he was urinating when an Afghan soldier tried to grab his willy. The handler said the dog bit the Afghan soldier who needed a few stitches.'

Quoted from article-good work that dog! Bad enough out there without your allies sexually harassing you!
  4. That man writes incredibly insightful reports. It is a damned shame that we don't see more recognition of his output in the main-stream media.
  5. excellent article, yet again.
  6. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

The man is running out of money and may have to go home by September.
  7. Another fantastic dispatch...can't wait for the next one!
  8. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find enough superlatives to describe the quality of Michael Yon's reports. He really is the yardstick when folks are talking about "war reporters". What more can I say?

9. Antony Loyd is very good as well. don't know what he's up to now though, not seen anything from him for ages...
  10. Insert coins here
  11. He has been in Sangin for a very long time AFIAK.

It is probably more that his embed has come to an end, cheeky bugger!
  12. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I think not. If you follow Michael's reports through Iraq and the Stan you will know he is a freelancer who has no other support from outside agency's. His money is from donations and what he makes if he gets its published and some of his photo's he sells.
  13. His food, accom and transport are free while in Afghanistan with UK forces.

Dunno what his outgoings are otherwise.

Like I said, cheeky.