Michael Yon asking for old weapons ID

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by msr, Oct 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. 2x MkIII Martini Henry .450/577

1x M-H .450/577 cavalry carbine

1x trade (Belgian?) Snider action shotgun
  3. Well its a Martini Henry but whether its real or a Kyber Pass Special I couldn't say.
  4. I think they're Kyber pass specials, as the proof mark, and stamping is incorrect.
  5. Roger that!
    VR Cyper and dated 1906!! ..........it's a Kyber all right.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Henry knows this as he was issued with a real one!
  7. That's really him in the avatar :D
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Has he shown up in the old and bold thread yet?
  9. Barstewards! :D

As it happens I am at last getting one of my Sniders on the road to entering next years HBSA mid range; there were only two Sniders entered this year so I feel a bit guilty about not supporting "The Hythe" which is the match for .577 calibre rifles.
    I do have a problem with it regarding the extractor which is a replacment judging by the patina, the rifle (2 band MkII) was bought from Fultons and it was always a bit difficult to chamber a case, well I have taken it to Greenfields in Salisbury which is about 100 yards from work who I hope can sort the problem.

The next job will be to get my Martini Henry up and running (must remember to get it put on my ticket first!) this one is a MkIV long lever, I have dies for it but need to change my press as the current one will not accept the larger dies, although the NDFS dies I have for the Snider fit the old press.
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

CH4D Dies?
  11. No not CH-4; although I have had them make me a neck expander for the Snider, their Lee dies which we had made up from this forum http://britishmilitariaforums.yuku.com/ I also had a couple of moulds for the M-H from there as well, mind you they took over a year to get here.