Michael Wittmann's Knight's Cross for sale at auction

A couple of years back someone went as far as stealing his headstone.

Bet that looked just peachy on the sad twat's bedsit wall.
He might have used it to pave his driveway.

ETA: This reeks of a sting operation to get a nice database of potential neo-nazis.
I'm going to put in a bid under the name Baglock.

A couple of years back someone went as far as stealing his headstone.

Bet that looked just peachy on the sad twat's bedsit wall.

And they still argue furiously in a million nazi fanboi forums their Ubermensch Hero could not have been killed by a humble British Tom

I've not had the displeasure of reading their twaddle but I can imagine they have great difficulty accepting he was removed from duty by a humble Tom.
...although latest research based on analysis of the visible damage indicates Tiger 007 was probably taken out from the left flank by a lurking Canadian Sherman, at almost point blank range. Firefly gunner Joe Ekins probably knocked out the tiger immediately to his right...

Last edited:
And they still argue furiously in a million nazi fanboi forums their Ubermensch Hero could not have been killed by a humble British Tom
Actually they could be right as i thought the Canadians got him, I remember watching a documentary that proved that Joe Elkins nailed 3 tigers at 900+ yards from his firefly but it was a volley of shots from the Sherbrook Fusileirs hidden behind a wall about 100 yards away from the rapidly legging it SS murderer, that got him

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm reminded of how many Engerland World Cup Final 1966 shirts have been auctioned. Most of them white.

I'd like to think it was Ekins. The fact that he knocked out three (edit - four) tanks at impressive range and was then made a radio operator makes the incident all the more remarkable. This was because his tank was lost and the crew split up to cover crew losses in other vehicles but still seems a surprising waste of skill. I wonder how he took the news? Probably calmly knowing the type of blokes who made up that generation.

Last edited:
Joe Ekins was asked about killing Wittmann repeatedly and he always stuck to his original claim that he got three Tigers at about 800 yards, didnt know or care who was in them then and still didnt ever claim to be Wittmann's killer. Wittmanns' Tiger, 007, was at the left rear of the column of a mixed force of Tigers, Panzer IVs and half-tracks, which stretched back to about 1500 yards from Ekin's position. The British formation and the Canadian formation only had a vague notion of where each other stood. Wittmann passed within 150 yards of the Canadians with his turret facing front right. When 007 was hit, it brewed up after one of two shots and blew it's turret off, the only one to do so. Wittmann and his crew were buried beside it, until they were reinterred later at their present grave. Any claims that a Typhoon blew it up have been shown to be untrue.