Michael Ryan, Hungerford and 'Them'...

The_Duke

LE
Tell something isn't working as well as it should? Reasonable. Stating exactly how they got their tactics wrong or should have acted? Ill informed guesswork, based on a sound working knowledge of how to deal with a troublesome crowd of pre-Christmas shoppers and a trolley with a wonky wheel.

I assume that based on your obsession with all posts and matters related to SF your service was in 23 SAS? Or was it the local mess tin repair outfit? Don't tell me, "I could tell you but I would have to kill you afterwards"?

Go, this is a prime opportunity for you to play the perfect hand of "SF sycophant bingo": Key words/phrases are:

21, 22, 23, Them, Those, selection, the hills, endurance, long drag, badged, blades, Hereford

Nope, tried out for 23(after a brief service with a TA Infantry unit)and failed. No excuses, and I never claimed otherwise. You can accuse me of many things, but you'd better order Das WaltonKommando to stand down.:roll:

Your argument that my lack of experience bars me from pointing the glaring inadequacies of the police response to the riots is invalid: those in charge of the response had years of experience, and still managed to **** things up on an epic scale. Frankly, all that is required to provide a superior response is a basic level of intelligence and a certain amount of intestinal fortitude. Both of these qualities are sadly lacking in the senior police ranks. Which is why the riots cost tens of millions of pounds worth of damage, four innocent people were murdered trying to protect their property and families and a significant percentage of society lost all faith in the ability of the police to protect them.

The, "You were'nt there so you don't know what it was like!" defence has been used by just about everyone who has managed an Epic Fail and was unwilling to take the criticism that followed; I believe psychologists refer to it as, "Wayne Rooney Syndrome".^_~

My apologies for the lateness of my reply; the laptop was in for repair and, frankly, I don't care enough about you to spend money in an internet cafe.

Nope, tried out for 23(after a brief service with a TA Infantry unit)and failed. No excuses, and I never claimed otherwise. You can accuse me of many things.......................
Like being a SF worshipping Tesco value wannabe ninja shit house? Seeya on Friday shit house. Remember not to wear your work clothes.

The_Duke

LE
Werewolf,

The fact that you can tell that your car is not running right doesn't automatically give you the knowledge to fix it, certainly not how to fix it without spending a penny on it which is what everyone expects the police to do.

Anyway, if you are so capable why haven't you got yourself on the fast-track for your local "polis", as I understand you savages refer to them. Surely with your staggering intellect and intestinal fortitude they must be desperate for you to change uniforms?

Werewolf,

The fact that you can tell that your car is not running right doesn't automatically give you the knowledge to fix it, certainly not how to fix it without spending a penny on it which is what everyone expects the police to do.

Anyway, if you are so capable why haven't you got yourself on the fast-track for your local "polis", as I understand you savages refer to them. Surely with your staggering intellect and intestinal fortitude they must be desperate for you to change uniforms?
You've obviously never met Lothian and Border's Finest; I'm a white, straight male. I'm not a Muslim, or a woman trapped in a man's body. To a police service recently voted by Stonewall as one of the most "Gay-friendly" employers in the UK, I'm definately not prime recruitment material.

In any case, I know a few coppers socially. Every one of them has said the same thing; they are sick of the way senior ranks are ruining the service, and if the had their time again they would never have applied for the police. But they are keeping their heads down and hanging on for the pension. Can't say I blame them, of course.

And to answer your example of car maintenance: if you're car broke down and the mechanic said he'd sit around looking at for three or four days before making any real attempt to fix it, I think you might express a few strongly-worded opinions. In spite of not possessing any in-depth technical knowledge.

The one thing I do agree with you on is your point about the police being expected to fix things without spending money on it.

Latest Threads