Michael Ryan, Hungerford and 'Them'...

llech

LE
I beg to differ, in my newbie humble opinion you can act in self defence (for yourself or a n other), even using a pre-emtive strike if you can justify it, I.e he was pointing the gun at someone but hadn't shot yet.

Try it, and from your prison cell tell me if I was right.

Legaly, unless they were being fired upon tis Murder, see Lee Clegg. CPS would have a dickie fit Mp's would go apeshit. lawyers would wet themselves, Police can only shoot pre empitavly (spelling?) with the say so of a very senior officer.

Nope, they would have sight of a deadly weapon and it being used to kill and endanger people.

Anyone with access to a firearm could get it and shoot and it would be a legal kill. Pre-emption is legal.

23GN00

Old-Salt
Tropper topped him
Ah, you could be on to something there. He heard the phrase "it was a cold winters evening in Belfast..." and he topped himself.

So, it WAS suicide....

llech

LE
Nope, they would have sight of a deadly weapon and it being used to kill and endanger people.

Anyone with access to a firearm could get it and shoot and it would be a legal kill. Pre-emption is legal.
Indeed it is, however a Police marksman will need sanctioning.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
There is definitely mention of him passing Hungerford during the incident. He approached the local plod and identified himself and was politely fucked off.
Probably find there was about 200 who identified themselves as SAS that day.

"Hello officer I was second man on the balcony do you want me to pop down and off him for you"?
"Could you stand over there with the others sir"

In a different life I was a Wiltshire plod for a while. I had some mates from Marlborough Police Station that went in to assist with the incident clean up. Never did they mention THEM.

The only time I ever saw a hint of THEM in my time as a Wiltshire plod was when one of THEM's Range Rovers stopped working one night on the Wiltshire stretch of the M4 and they were put up in our single mens quarters overnight, got pissed in our bar telling war stories, had breakfast in the canteen and then disappeard as soon as they got a replacement vehicle.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Barry Prudom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That reads like a thriller. Surprised i have never heard of this, especially with the whole Raoul Moat thing.
In my defence, i was 4 in 1982...

I was sent home from school because off him and the head (I shit you not) told us to go straight home and not talk to strangers.

The bizzare tactic when a maniac is running about of flooding the streets with kids with no where to go as their parents were at work so teachers could **** off early.

Indeed it is, however a Police marksman will need sanctioning.
You mean like the two thick plods who did an emergency stop rather than run Ryan over when he stepped out in the road in front of him?

llech

LE
Please don't tell me your in the police with a comment like that, as the first duty of a constable is to save life and limb!
Do you like watching western where the Sheriff goes round shooting the baddies, bet you do?

Z

Zarathustra

Try it, and from your prison cell tell me if I was right.
Bollocks, otherwise those two blokes that recently got off for self deffence after killing burglars/robbers would now be in the nick.

Maybe

Swinger
Do you like watching western where the Sheriff goes round shooting the baddies, bet you do?
As I'm new on here could you just let me know what experience you have in dealing with civilian incidents, your knowledge of the law, conflict management model, police powers and policy?
It seems as though it's you that's watched to much tv...

I seem to recall reading a book by the RSM of 22 SAS (can't remember the name - sorry), it detailed his career upto the Gulf War 1. There is definitely mention of him passing Hungerford during the incident. He approached the local plod and identified himself and was politely fucked off.
Maybe it's all hidden in the Nemisis files?
I thought it was in the book by Spud?

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
You mean like the two thick plods who did an emergency stop rather than run Ryan over when he stepped out in the road in front of him?
H & S mate
A car can do a lot of damage and the paperwork is horrendous.

T

Tinman74

To be honest at the time of the event anyone who dropped him and subsequently arrested would have the right to trial jury.

Who would have convicted said person?

Latest Threads