Michael Pritchard inquest: Soldier accidentally shot

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by engee, May 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cheers for that. Anything to add, or are you just posting random links?
  2. Pointless post with no opinion?
  3. Seems to be a lot of umbrellas going up in this inquest.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The sniper said he´d not been trained to fire in the dark,seems a bit daft to assume that all targets will appear at daytime?I was given a stupid order by an officer to fire in NI in 1976,I refused and 4 of our blokes kept breathing,calling him a c*nt in front of the press was not good for promotion!
  5. It does seem as if they're scattering the blame around and hoping something will stick. Although I think it's failures in TTP & SA that's being blamed rather than individuals.
  6. Also a common theme in these incidents. The pressure to perform, added to a difficult situation and fatigue.
  7. Hi this is the modern day British Army, Tom gets stitched for officers oversights, in training and leadership.
    Back in the US we usually fragged incompetence, of this sort. It sorted out the men from the boys and reminded Officers to do the job they were paid to do and not act like a potential senior jobs-worth, & knob-eds.
  8. Excellent value added 2 years after the event. Have a well done.
  9. You criticise the British Army a lot, yet have no experience of how we operate or conduct ourselves.

I've worked with US forces on many occasions, never once was I filled with confidence.
  10. Liar
    • Like Like x 5
  11. You don't know maaan, you weren't there ...
    • Like Like x 3
  12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Surely its mistakenly not accidentally?
  13. I've worked with the US a few times and to be fair to them, I've found them to be pretty much like us, there are some knobbers, and some who're awesome and a lot in the middle that are OK.

the do have funny accents and get alarmed about people going outside to'share a fag' etc.
    None of them appeared to have been fragged by their own men.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. And just imagine how the bloke that shot him feels. Sadly the potential for things like this to happen will always be present. Night, poor comms, tiredness, itchy triggers, fog of war etc...
    • Like Like x 1