Michael Phelps - shock, horror

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by happybonzo, Aug 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There was a story going around a while back that pool staff used to put a chemical in the water that reacted with piss. Apparently it turned the water purple. Now I've pissed in a lot of pools and spas and I've never seen it happen.
    Has anyone else heard this story?
  2. I was told that the Chlorine made your piss go green. I tried loads of times and it never worked. No one even noticed until I did a shit in the shallow end.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

I tried using that on my then 4yo son once - he then proceeded to Stand up in the little pool which was abt 3 inches deep and spray pee all over to try and see if the water did indeed change colour!
    It didn't as we bet a hasty retreat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Reminds me of Blackpool when I was a kid.

5. Chlorine doesn't smellas such, it only reacts to sweat and urine that is in the water. If you've ever been in the pool and thought "oh they must be really clean, they've put tons of chlorine in it!" your probablly swimming in a soup of fat people sweat and piss.

6. If you drink a heap of Beroca it makes your piss bright orange. If you piss whilst swimming it leaves a nice orange trail behind you.
    I've not tried crimping one off in a pool though.
  7. I got caught pissing in the pool by the lifeguard. I was stood at the end of the diving board, mind.
  8. Chlorine + amonia in the piss.

Some medical types did a study into it's effect and they recon all the kids that swim to combat asthma are in fact giving them self asthma with the swimming as the gallons of kiddy piss and the chlorine together are producing a nice dilute version of WW1 style chlorine gas.
  9. At least I was honest,I used to get out and give the attendant a penny.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Not sure about pissing in the pool, but certainly have pissed in my wetsuit whilst diving at Bovisand. I don't care what may be said but it certainly warmed my up for a while.
  11. I have pissed in a wet suit.

Then it went back in the stores for the next lucky user.
  12. Did the attendant shake it for you as well?