Michael Meacher... err, who is that again?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Lucky_Jim, Feb 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now I know this is the wrong time to post this, and all things being equal it will disappear off the bottom of the home page faster than I can remove my socks.

Why is Michael Meacher standing (note to our US friends, standing not running) for the Labour leadership when he hasn’t a cat in hell’s chance?

He's promised to stand on an Old Labour, left-wing ticket. Only two MPs turned up to his launch, neither of whom promised to vote for him. He has no support, so what it is his real agendum? I am genuinely puzzled.
  2. Michael Meacher for p.m.? There's more chance of me voting tory or labour, or Daz posting something intelligent, witty and incisive.
  3. Wasn't he a nondescript and failed Minister of Something Unimportant?
  4. Quote from Wikidpedia: He was an elected member of the Shadow Cabinet from 1983 to 1997, but Tony Blair refused to appoint him to the Cabinet and instead made him Minister of State for the Environment, first at the Department for Environment, Transport and the Regions (1997-2001), then at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (2001-2003). Like I said - Something Unimportant!
  5. Look on the bright side, any opposition to Brown is better than giving it to the Jock tw*t for nothing!

Bring on an English Parliament and pack all these jock MPs back off North!
  6. More likely that he is just there to legitimise the coronation of King Gordon.

"See, it was a fair election and every one had a choice"

A choice between a dour tax and cut psychopath, and a frigging pinko save the gay antinuke whales cretin.

7. to be honest, nobody I'd vote for.

And that includes the two cuntenders.
  8. Ah HA!!!

You have fallen for it!

That's their whole plan. Put up a staunch left wing stooge, with no chance in hell of winning, (or coming close to winning) and then watch Gordon gain democratic legitimacy prior to his coronation as PM.

I'm sure it's a fix by the new labour lovies to fool the public (and the general labour party) in to believing that Gordon actually contested the leadership election. Mark my words, Meacher will be back in the cabinet within a year! :frustrated: