Michael C Heywood?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Cookie__Monster, Oct 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

I am trying to contact Michael C. Heywood in order to ask permission to use a poem of his in a Remembrance Sunday production being staged to raise money for Combat Stress and I was hoping that he might either be a member of ARRSE himself or perhaps be known to one. Does anyone know if this is the case? If so, I would be extremely grateful if someone could put me in touch with him.

Many thanks - and apologies if this is the wrong section in which to post this question. :)
  2. Had a good dig around, but can't find anyone matching his name and DOB online or in public records - which is strange, and there's usually something.

It's unlikely he's using a pseudonym, as he signs off as 'Mick Heywood'.

The only other thing I could suggest is contact Forces Poetry (Poems by Author) as they seem to have published his complete works and presumably have contact with him.
  3. Many thanks, DeltaDog - it was very kind of you to take the time to look for him. :)

I know from his IWVPA biography that he lives in Palm Bay, Margate, Kent (or at least he did when the bio was written) but I don't think that's quite specific enough to be sure that any letter I wrote would ever find him, much less find him in time!

Thank you also for your suggestion to contact Forces Poetry - I have just dropped them a line and will now keep my fingers crossed...
  4. Ah, sounds like it might well be this ****: Twitter

Name, age and location match.

Drop him a direct message via twitter.
  5. Thank you SO much, DeltaDog – you’re clearly far better at Internet searches than I’ll ever be! :)

It looks as though Mick hasn’t used his Twitter account for a couple of years so I have gone the YouTube route, signed up and sent him a message. Here’s hoping...

PM read and replied to, Bushmills – thank you very much. :)

I greatly appreciate the time and trouble you have both taken - best wishes and thanks again. :)