Michael Bolton singing "Nessun dorma"

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Bugsy, Oct 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I must admit that Michael Bolton has never really impressed me much. It might be I was a bit put off by that mullet when he first started.

However, by chance I found this vid of him singing "Nessun dorma", and I must admit, I was very impressed! He starts off a bit shaky, but once he rids himself of that artificially smokey, pained, I've-seen-the-woes-of-the-world expression he normally tries to inject into his voice, he makes a remarkably good fist of the song.

Of course, he's never going to dislodge people like Pavarotti, Tauber, Caruso et al, but judge for yourselves just what a fine job he makes of it.

I think he makes a marvelleously good job of a song that's considered to be one of the most difficult in a tenor's career, let alone in the career of a pop singer! But, as I said, judge for yourselves:

2. daz

daz LE

Bugsy, Somehow i don't think Bryn Terfel going to worry about being replaced by the mulleted one :D
    BTW Byrn does pop (well sort of)
  4. daz

daz LE