Michael Bolton singing "Nessun dorma"

#1
I must admit that Michael Bolton has never really impressed me much. It might be I was a bit put off by that mullet when he first started.

However, by chance I found this vid of him singing "Nessun dorma", and I must admit, I was very impressed! He starts off a bit shaky, but once he rids himself of that artificially smokey, pained, I've-seen-the-woes-of-the-world expression he normally tries to inject into his voice, he makes a remarkably good fist of the song.

Of course, he's never going to dislodge people like Pavarotti, Tauber, Caruso et al, but judge for yourselves just what a fine job he makes of it.

I think he makes a marvelleously good job of a song that's considered to be one of the most difficult in a tenor's career, let alone in the career of a pop singer! But, as I said, judge for yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSnAcBevEQc

MsG
 
#2
Bugsy7 said:
I must admit that Michael Bolton has never really impressed me much. It might be I was a bit put off by that mullet when he first started.

However, by chance I found this vid of him singing "Nessun dorma", and I must admit, I was very impressed! He starts off a bit shaky, but once he rids himself of that artificially smokey, pained, I've-seen-the-woes-of-the-world expression he normally tries to inject into his voice, he makes a remarkably good fist of the song.

Of course, he's never going to dislodge people like Pavarotti, Tauber, Caruso et al, but judge for yourselves just what a fine job he makes of it.

I think he makes a marvelleously good job of a song that's considered to be one of the most difficult in a tenor's career, let alone in the career of a pop singer! But, as I said, judge for yourselves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSnAcBevEQc

MsG
Bugsy, Somehow i don't think Bryn Terfel going to worry about being replaced by the mulleted one :D
BTW Byrn does pop (well sort of)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i3U-4SFbqA
 
#3
daz said:
Bugsy, Somehow i don't think Bryn Terfel going to worry about being replaced by the mulleted one :D
BTW Byrn does pop (well sort of)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i3U-4SFbqA[/quote
Err, daz, Byrn Terfel, his superb voice notwithstanding, is a baritone, not a tenor. Sorry if I might have led you out of your depth.

MsG
 
#4
Bugsy7 said:
daz said:
Bugsy, Somehow i don't think Bryn Terfel going to worry about being replaced by the mulleted one :D
BTW Byrn does pop (well sort of)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i3U-4SFbqA[/quote
Err, daz, Byrn Terfel, his superb voice notwithstanding, is a baritone, not a tenor. Sorry if I might have led you out of your depth.

MsG
Bugsy,

I know, but he's welsh see, so it was either him or no one :D , they've only got Stuart Burrows singing Se all'impero amici dei on Youtube, and while he's a tenor, it's not quite a pop song :D :D


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0kF3F7eR_A


Edited to add, can't even find Geraint Dodd on there, it's a conspiracy against the welsh I tell you
 

Latest Threads

Top