Miami. Food & Drink

Discussion in 'Travel' started by waffen, Sep 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Off to Miami next month when I return from my current all inclusive holiday in Afghanistan. Can any fellow arrser's recommend any good bars, restaurants, places worth seeing.

Thanks in advance. Waffen

2. If it's on South Beach it will be expensive no matter what. I liked the place a lot though. Pied a Terre was good and the News Cafe on Ocean Drive is where we had a cracking breakfast about 3 years ago.

3. He's already been, enjoyed himself, returned to the UK and deployed again.

4. In which case he'll be about ten stone heavier. Just had four days there and it never ceases to amaze me how much food the yanks can shove down their gobs. No wonder they all have arses like hippos. But Miami - great place to be.

5. Look out for the Golden Corrall signs. You will be staggered with the choice of food from breakfast to dinner time. All at a very good price. We particularly enjoyed our trip to Kennedy Space Center. We stayed at Olando for three weeks last year and enjoyed every minute of it. Have a great time, I'm sure you deserve it.

6. He's been and gone!!

As for pricing - FFS don't go near Palm Beach. Breakfast for 2 (scrambled eggs, toast and coffee) coming in at $70! But the hotel was very nice!

7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Order one meal with a side salad and an extra plate. They usually charge you $1 and you can go halfers on the meal, which is more than enough for normal people.

Another cheapskate trick - get a Winn-Dixie card. You fill in a daft form and they give you a card with a barcode on it. Discount on groceries and gas (it is like petrol but more full-fat)

Enjoy.

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Three months? Call that a holiday? Pah.

9. I wasn't paying - thank ****!

10. Don't forget to call in at Miami Ink and ask the big baldy one to do you a nice anti semitic tattoo!

11. Guys. thanks for the belated advice. I did indeed put on a tad of extra weight, but as I'm now back on the Afghan diet plan, the weight is simple falling off me.