MI6 probes UK link to nuclear trade with Iran

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,,2099634,00.html

A British company has been closed down after being caught in an apparent attempt to sell black-market weapons-grade uranium to Iran and Sudan, The Observer can reveal.

Anti-terrorist officers and MI6 are now investigating a wider British-based plot allegedly to supply Iran with material for use in a nuclear weapons programme. One person has already been charged with attempting to proliferate 'weapons of mass destruction'.

If Iran are capable of producing weapons grade materiel as we're constantly being told lately, why would they be trying to buy it on the black market?

Is it possible their programme is not nearly as advanced as we're told?

PartTimePongo said:
If Iran are capable of producing weapons grade materiel as we're constantly being told lately, why would they be trying to buy it on the black market?

Is it possible their programme is not nearly as advanced as we're told?
I am sure that I read that even with the number of centrifuges that they have on line now, the Iranians are still around 8 years from becoming a nuclear weapons power. If they can expedite that, then I can see there being more than a grain of truth in it.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
PartTimePongo said:
If Iran are capable of producing weapons grade materiel as we're constantly being told lately, why would they be trying to buy it on the black market?/quote]

Possibly to boost the numbers of their "instant glass" facilities.