MI6 head: Russia was an obstacle to reach a solution in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Dec 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry, it is BBC but in Russian.

John Sawers, claimed that Russia made obstacles to peacefull solution the problem around Iraq before the war. He said to the MPs that Russia bears responsibility that all attemts to find a solution in Iraq failed because Russia allegedly blocked new sanctions in the UNSC.

Now we know that there were no any WMD in Iraq. So any santions were pointless.
  2. Sorry but this whole thread is pointless. How can Russia have been an obstacle to peace in Iraq when it was the US who was gunning for war there without any clear objective/reason?
  3. Imagine how many spelling fcukups there must be in that article.

Could not find none myself though. :D
  4. No doubt that mr.Sawers is highly intelligent person. If he makes such claims then he estimates mental abilities of others very low.
  5. And in English - well, almost:
    I think Soz is the nom-de-guerre of one J. Sawers, a facebook friend of mine...
  6. Remarkably, the most recent article on BBC on this these doesn't mention Russia at all.

It's interesting that BBC gives the information in Russian but doesn't repeat it in English.
  7. Not it's not.
  8. I find the best thing about this thread is at the bottom i have an advert for russian brides, although i'm happy to have one imported aged 18, 80 is a tad old.
  9. If the entire Russian federation would have consisted of millions of square miles occupied by one man that had sworn an oath of silence with only a Juniper bush for company, someone, somewhere, would have still found a way to throw the blame and they would have probably worked for the BBC.

The entire conflict was based on bullsh1t, a shell of lies concocted by the yanks and us that was so see through it would normally be banned before the watershed.

Don't get me wrong, I was there the first time around and Saddam was a complete and utter cnut that deserved a good shoeing with a public execution to boot, we should have been allowed to do it then when we had lots of Arab support, but it was not to be.

I don't think that a "peaceful solution" and it's blocking or implementation of had anything at all to do wth our Vodka fuelled cousins, the Yank administration of the day had their agenda and it was always going to go that way.

Fcuk all to do with terrorism or freedom though, more to do with running a 4.0L V8