MI6 - good employer or not?

Discussion in 'Police, PMCs, Security' started by stab23, May 20, 2010.

1. Yes?

2. No?

3. I'd have to shred you if I answered

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As you can't help but have noticed , MI6 seem to be spending half the national budget on recruitment ads in the press at the moment.

What's the gen on MI6 as an employer? Are they having difficulties recruiting people? I know that they had a reputation as a bad employer a few years ago, but have they improved at all recently?
  2. Sorry S23, you've just failed the test, don't bother to reapply, your information is being held on file, but sadly for you, not for employment reasons.

3. Frankly the way they hung Adam and Harry out to dry...bastards the lot of them.
  4. I'm Alex Rider and I'm going to have to come and pay you a little visit.
  5. Words fail me....
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

23 down: Sounds like casserole has a short swelling of the hips (6)
  7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Do you have to turn up for the interview in disguise and talk through a newspaper with eye holes cut out?
  8. Well the amount of people I have met who are "ex-MI6" working as security guards at Tesco's, they must have a big churnover of staff.
  9. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

And you get to retire early - I mean, even earlier than the rest of the Civil Service :)
  10. I'm George Smiley and so's my wife.

You are Karla, and I claim my £5!
  11. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

What college are you a fellow of? I'll only deal with a recruiter in Oriel or St John's.
  12. If you meet the standards of those determined to subject their charges to the full force of the extreme political dogma which rules the Civil Services, you're in. I hope you aren't white, male, fit, intelligent, or English.
  13. How does anybody know? I cant answer, I `m sworn to secrecy.
  14. I bet you, your a trolley boy at Tescos, being groomed by a Security Guard. Id tell Wolverine to pack it in.
  15. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Wrong - but I'll give you the second letter: T

And although I prefer the 'other place' I'm Red Brick (well more concrete actually! ) :D