MI6 - good employer or not?

Are MI6 a good employer?

• Total voters
As you can't help but have noticed , MI6 seem to be spending half the national budget on recruitment ads in the press at the moment.

What's the gen on MI6 as an employer? Are they having difficulties recruiting people? I know that they had a reputation as a bad employer a few years ago, but have they improved at all recently?

Sorry S23, you've just failed the test, don't bother to reapply, your information is being held on file, but sadly for you, not for employment reasons.

Goodbye.

Frankly the way they hung Adam and Harry out to dry...bastards the lot of them.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you have to turn up for the interview in disguise and talk through a newspaper with eye holes cut out?

I'm George Smiley and so's my wife.

You are Karla, and I claim my £5!

Gremlin said:
23 down: Sounds like casserole has a short swelling of the hips (6)
Potage.

What college are you a fellow of? I'll only deal with a recruiter in Oriel or St John's.

If you meet the standards of those determined to subject their charges to the full force of the extreme political dogma which rules the Civil Services, you're in. I hope you aren't white, male, fit, intelligent, or English.

loopy21 said:
Well the amount of people I have met who are "ex-MI6" working as security guards at Tesco's, they must have a big churnover of staff.
I bet you, your a trolley boy at Tescos, being groomed by a Security Guard. Id tell Wolverine to pack it in.

Purple_Flash said:
Gremlin said:
Potage.

What college are you a fellow of? I'll only deal with a recruiter in Oriel or St John's.
Wrong - but I'll give you the second letter: T

And although I prefer the 'other place' I'm Red Brick (well more concrete actually! ) :D

It depends where you are in life.

If you are stacking shelves at Tesco (actually they only recruit from Waitrose), then they would be good...

...but if you have a decent degree from a decent university, or are aged mid to late 20's and are currently earning about 30k with good prospects then avoid like the plague: pay is seriously, seriously 5h1t for the amount of work you are expected to put in.

Forget JB007, say hello to doing cráppy desk jobs in London for a couple of years (making tea) before being sent to make tea and interview people who want a student visa to the UK (for a couple of years). Glamour = 0.

Utmost respect to those who do it, but I'm a mercenary at heart and I couldn't work for the peanuts they were offering. The ones I've met have been terribly bright, very skilled, erudite, multilingual (+3) and all incredibly bored in their jobs.

Gremlin said:
Purple_Flash said:
Gremlin said:
Potage.

Wrong - but I'll give you the second letter: T

And although I prefer the 'other place' I'm Red Brick (well more concrete actually! ) :D
The other place? You have taken the ermine as a noble Lord? Or do you aver to a place over the sea? :)

It's a long shot, but "Struma"

Can I have my PPK now?

The answer is STUPID,

and as you bloody well know PPK's were axed after that nasty little incident in The Mall" :D

As for the other matter, think Goldie rather than Isis.

I'm just gobsmacked that anyone who thinks they have a chance at MI6, in however mundane a role (and Intel/Sy is 99.9% mundane) would even ask the question in a forum like this.

Ah, Goldie. Nice shade of green, that blue!

I was never any good at the cryptic stuff... I leave that to the sort of chap who has to eat apples impregnated with poison for being too brainy...