MI6 Agent Betrayed

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by the_matelot, Sep 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies as it's the News of the Screws...Click here for James Bond style excitement....

2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Ouch!!!! Now that would be a lesson about trust if I hadn't recieved that relayed message as a youngun from IV Para :wink:
  3. Former Queen's Regiment soldier, still flying the regimental flag
    Steady the buffs
  4. something doesn't seem quite right about this story, dunno if its just heavily exagerated or what.

"I shouted to Karsi, ‘We're going to have to take them out'. Then I leaned back and pulled out an AK-47 I had hidden under a blanket," says Berry.

He raced ahead and pulled off the road behind a rocky outcrop, leaping from the vehicle with his gun.

"As they came around the bend I let rip a long burst straight through the windscreen. As the 4x4 careered across the road I followed it with three to four bursts. It went into the ravine.
  5. Yehh, It's from the sister newspaper of the Scum!!
  6. that and it reads like watching a cross between an episode of Macgyver and the A-team
  7. Im sure we will see him in an episode of Spooks very soon. :lol:
  8. balls! the final paragraph gives it all away
    must be an advert !
  9. It's just not worth anyone's attention. Those nasty-looking weals on his back were applied by Photoshop, which is not exactly a painful ordeal to go through. I haven't read the tosh, but is someone plugging a book or something? If so, the author of the book deserves only brain-dead NOtW readers and they deserve IT.
  10. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I've met the bloke and read the original manuscript. The story is basically true though this is obviously a hyped-up NOTW version of it.

Cobblers, they were taken by an FCO official on a consular access visit when he was in prison. There's no doubt that they're genuine.
  11. Nah, the A Team story line is more realistic.
  12. [​IMG]

Is the joker pictured on the cover of the book a member of 'T' (Taliban) Squadron, SAS? :wink:
  13. Reminds me of the stories in the press imediately after September 11th, speculating that the SAS would be deploying men with Mediterranean and Arab backgrounds. :?
  14. Ah, I see - "men with Mediterranean and Arab backgrounds"...Gibraltarians then? :wink:

Is that my coat? Why thank you my good man... 8O
  15. Or anyone from Sicily! :D

As an Italian-American collegue of mine once said "hey,where do you think our curly hair came from?!"