MI6 Agent Betrayed

Apologies as it's the News of the Screws...Click here for James Bond style excitement....

"I was the perfect deniable agent for them," says Berry, 37. "They recruited me, told me I was doing work of national importance—and then dropped me in the s***."

Former Queen's Regiment soldier Berry says he was approached by MI6 in 2002 as he ran an engineering firm exporting housing to Afghanistan.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Ouch!!!! Now that would be a lesson about trust if I hadn't recieved that relayed message as a youngun from IV Para :wink:

Former Queen's Regiment soldier, still flying the regimental flag
Steady the buffs

something doesn't seem quite right about this story, dunno if its just heavily exagerated or what.

"I shouted to Karsi, ‘We're going to have to take them out'. Then I leaned back and pulled out an AK-47 I had hidden under a blanket," says Berry.

He raced ahead and pulled off the road behind a rocky outcrop, leaping from the vehicle with his gun.

"As they came around the bend I let rip a long burst straight through the windscreen. As the 4x4 careered across the road I followed it with three to four bursts. It went into the ravine.

balls! the final paragraph gives it all away
Deniable Agent, published by Mainstream on October 5, can be ordered from the News of the World Bookshop for £16.19 with free delivery by calling 0870 162 5005. RRP is £17.99.
must be an advert !
WW

It's just not worth anyone's attention. Those nasty-looking weals on his back were applied by Photoshop, which is not exactly a painful ordeal to go through. I haven't read the tosh, but is someone plugging a book or something? If so, the author of the book deserves only brain-dead NOtW readers and they deserve IT.

cpunk

LE
I've met the bloke and read the original manuscript. The story is basically true though this is obviously a hyped-up NOTW version of it.

frenchperson said:
Those nasty-looking weals on his back were applied by Photoshop, which is not exactly a painful ordeal to go through.
Cobblers, they were taken by an FCO official on a consular access visit when he was in prison. There's no doubt that they're genuine.

Is the joker pictured on the cover of the book a member of 'T' (Taliban) Squadron, SAS? :wink:

gallowglass said:

Is the joker pictured on the cover of the book a member of 'T' (Taliban) Squadron, SAS? :wink:
Reminds me of the stories in the press imediately after September 11th, speculating that the SAS would be deploying men with Mediterranean and Arab backgrounds. :?

Random_Task said:
gallowglass said:

Reminds me of the stories in the press imediately after September 11th, speculating that the SAS would be deploying men with Mediterranean and Arab backgrounds. :?
Ah, I see - "men with Mediterranean and Arab backgrounds"...Gibraltarians then? :wink:

Is that my coat? Why thank you my good man... 8O

gallowglass said:
Random_Task said:
gallowglass said:

Ah, I see - "men with Mediterranean and Arab backgrounds"...Gibraltarians then? :wink:

Or anyone from Sicily! :D

As an Italian-American collegue of mine once said "hey,where do you think our curly hair came from?!"

Random_Task said:
gallowglass said:
Random_Task said:
gallowglass said:

Or anyone from Sicily! :D

As an Italian-American collegue of mine once said "hey,where do you think our curly hair came from?!"
Quite so. As the northern Italians say "South of the Tiber is Africa" :? (that's assuming of course they actually admit to being Italian...as opposed to Lombards, Venetians, Tuscans etc.)

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
I had a Siclian descended Roman girlfriend some years ago, and their family name is 'Zappalà' which I believe is a construct including the name Allah deriving from Arabic...you gotta love the honourable society...they certainly know how to keep a secret ;)

Nehustan said:
I had a Siclian descended Roman girlfriend some years ago, and their family name is 'Zappalà' which I believe is a construct including the name Allah deriving from Arabic...you gotta love the honourable society...they certainly know how to keep a secret ;)
ehm........Zappa..........is a hoe..........sorry :) no Allah there just dirt :D

Names beginning with Zap are very common in south Italy