MI5 Website

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by LARD, Aug 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With yesterdays goings-on, I thought it high time to have a squint at the official MI5 website. To my amazement it is available in three languages other than English. Urdu, Arabic and Welsh!! Why? :roll: :?

2. Maybe so native Welsh speakers can read it?

3. Because of the Welsh menace, the people behind these so called Muslim outrages.

4. It would be logical to expect also Gaelic and Irish sections, maybe even Cornish and Manish.

5. Im suprised that its even in English as a first language!!

6. Maybe they read JSP 101 as well :)

7. Perhaps it might be related to their regional expansions?

8. Maybe the Viet-Taff have regrouped.

9. Sadly the MoD signed up to producing all documents in Welsh - on request (of course), otherwise my spell check would not work properly. MI5 have just followed on!

My wife comes from Wales and none of her family can speak a word. That's Cardiff for you.

10. Welsh language resurrectionists are one of my personal bete noirs. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against the Welsh, or their desire to keep their ancient tongue alive, but any Taff who really thinks its appropriate to attempt to introduce it into a professional/business environment, needs to get a grip.
    Regrettably, I have a professional connection to The National Library Of Wales, and my contact there continually attempts to correspond with me in Welsh. The man is clearly an utter c0ck, and never gets a response from me until he re-submits his message in English.
    Its unneccasarily inclusionist to use Welsh on a site like MI5s. Lets face it, in the highly unlikely event that Welsh is your only language, you will not be suited to work in any national security agency other than The Sons Of Glendower.

11. It's on just about every Government publication, irrespective of where in the country you are. Even up here in Yorkshire.

12. Dammit, after years of skilfull deception and disinformation, You have seen through the veil of rumours and lies to see the true face of future world domination. I salute You and Your intelligence skills. :D :D :D

13. Lovely! Still, all that time spent designing medals, uniforms and and a complex rank structure probably meant that they didn't get up to too much mischief.

Check out the incarceration medal - shouldn't we have one for the British Army?

14. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator