MI5 Infiltrated by Al Qaeda

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Random_Task, Jun 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry it's from the Sunday Moron.

Link Here
  2. Bit crazy really :)

Everyone wants to be a double agent, including me! hehe
  3. Two paychecks for the same work. :D
  4. Ahhh Equal opportunities..... you can't beat it!!

Makes you wonder about what other organisations are infiltrated by sympathisers doesn't it?
  5. According to the story, ''Bosses at M15 believe they unwittingly recruited the Muslim extremists after the July 7 suicide bombings in London last year which killed 52 people.''
    We are then told, ''But the disclosure that suspected terrorists have infiltrated the security services will be a further embarrassment to Government Ministers.They came under ferocious pressure last week after an official report claimed MI5 had failed to follow up vital leads before the July 7 bombings''

Is the 'Moron' suggesting that these MI5 recruits managed to prevent MI5 doing its job even before they were recruited?
  6. Is this true or is somebody writing fiction Mind you they had a "Senior Immigration" officer who decided who stayed or not and it turned out he shouldn't have been here who checks what??
  7. Even with the stringent nationality, longevity (in UK) & other vetting type procedures that The Security Service put their prospective candidates through, I find this a tad difficult to believe!
  8. Bring back George Smiley I say.
  9. Smiley was SIS no?
  10. Ohh dear, if true then there developed vetting procedure is pants!!
  11. He was indeed, my mistake.
  12. Watch the news for cases of unfair dismissal and discrimination.
  13. Other timely, important news on the same page as the linked article:

"GRACE TELLS HER SEX SECRETS. Big Brother superbitch Grace told last night that she has a 'Ferrari body that drives men wild' and revealed how stud Mikey has got her all revved up.

14. There is bugger all point in recruiting Muslim activists who don't have strong links to Al-Qaeda is there? What a pointless article.
  15. The possibility of having double agents is an operational hazard of any HUMINT operation. The trick is to verify and cross-check- unlike the Forest Gate incident where apparently the single informant that told the powers at be of the "chemical weapons factory" in that flat was a simple muppet they dragged in who had an IQ of 69. (The mean IQ is 100. A score below 70 is a possible sign of mental retardation- at the very least the subject will be in the dimmest 4% of the human population.)

Well done New Scotland Yard and Thames House. Well done you!