MI5 and MI6 must recruit spies from Mumsnet, says watchdog

alib

LE
In The DT MI5 and MI6 must recruit spies from Mumsnet, says watchdog
Britain’s spy chiefs need to recruit from Mumsnet to break through the “permafrost” of middle-aged men that is hampering the work of the intelligence services, a watchdog has said.

MI5, MI6 and GCHQ should target middle-aged women and mothers to boost the breadth of skills in tracking down terrorists and criminals, a report has concluded.
Cry havoc and let slip the mums of war!

D

Deleted 60082

Oh FFS! What a load of nonsense. That may have been the case 20 years ago - but not now. Clearly the author has no idea of the gender and age breakdown of the SIA, with the exception of the wee-stained wallahs in DI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its almost as if Blears is buttering up Mumnets users to gain votes in the election.

Hazel? Looking for votes? Never!

There will be nicer curtains up at Thames House, though.

philc

LE
I think this is a great idea, pre menstral smart arses V ISIS, SMERSH and drug cartels. Bring it on.

J

JWBenett

....just when you thought things couldn't get sillier. Mumsnet and feminist trumpers will revolutionise our security services. We're saved I tell you.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Mumsnet?

I shit'em.

alib

LE
It would explain a lot if Six was in the hands of a management team going through The Change.

D

Deleted 60082

Imagine the DV interview of prospective intelligence officer...

DVO: So how do you spend your evenings?

App: 'Ooo, on the internet...chat rooms, donchaknow'

DVO: 'Tell me about them. Do you make friends with these people on line?

App: 'Well, there's Ayisha from Karachi, Tanya from Chechnya, oh, and that lovely woman from Somalia Alish Abbah, or summat'

DVO: What do you discuss with them?

App: 'Oh, the usual girly stuff. Fashion - how black is the new black, how to bring up kids in a strictly religious setting, how to cope with fasting during Ramadan, the merits of FGM, how to cope with the other wives when Ahmet goes on a Jihad, you know, that sort of stuff.'

DVO (trying to remain composed). 'Really? Um, who have you met in person?

App: Well, I did meet Doris down at the Precinct once. But I had my suspicions. We'd been discussing Global Jihad and low GI recipes on line, as you do, and she suggested that we meet. But I think she wasn't from No 23 Malcolm X Gardens. She had a Home Counties accent, had gone to Uni, and had a hearing aid, which seemed to be falling out, 'cos she keep on holding one finger to her ear and murmuring. And if I'm not mistaken, Doris was a middle-aged man. Oh, and she had a copy of the FT under one arm. And no one round here buys papers, let alone the Financial Times. It's normally the Barnsley Echo, and that's free, like. But the final thing was that Doris wondered whether I'd work for her. Well that was the final straw that broke the radicalised Jihadi's back. No one works on the Malcolm X estate, and Work and Pensions would be after me like a pack of seals after Bin Laden. No, I said. I'm quite happy being a self-denying mother of a pack of future Jihadi fighters. I like things simple, you see.

DVO: 'I think we can dispense with the rest of the Interview - you've got great investigative skills and I am sure Thames House would love to have you on board.'

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's going to be some video clips of Mumsnet members being beheaded I'm all for it.

Yokel

LE
Mumsnet......nasty!

I've just glanced at Mumsnet and they do have a thread on this.

Fair play - they are showing a sense of humour in some of the posts...

One person suggested instead of the AIBU threads (" Am I Being Unreasonable? ")
They could have AIBT "Am I Being Treasonable?"

I've just glanced at Mumsnet and they do have a thread on this.

Fair play - they are showing a sense of humour in some of the posts...

One person suggested instead of the AIBU threads (" Am I Being Unreasonable? ")
They could have AIBT "Am I Being Treasonable?"
Did you happen to notice any decent Quinoa recipes while you were there mate?

Wouldn't it be great if the men of Arrse got to run it?

Latest Threads