MI5 ALERT ON BANK RIOTS

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by wafubustard, Mar 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TOP secret contingency plans have been drawn up to counter the threat posed by a “summer of discontent” in Britain.

The “double-whammy” of the worst economic crisis in living memory and a motley crew of political extremists determined to stir up civil disorder has led to the ­extraordinary step of the Army being put on ­standby.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/86981/MI5-alert-on-bank-riots

So the Army is on standby! Where are the troops coming from as at the moment we are a little bit busy?
    How can the Government suddenly find troops to cover its own back but not for Afghan?
    How many would prefer to be on the other side of the Police line having a go at the Government?

3. Umm, I'd love to know how this squares with the clearly stated policy that MOD doesnt do this sort of work anymore. JDP2-02 (available on the internet) is very clear that the Armed Forces don't get involved in civilian protests in this way.

I suspect someone saw the minutes of a cabinet office meeting, saw MOD down as attendees and think we're now "on standby".

(That was a very polite way of describing the story as a lie...)

4. Anyway, was'nt this done to death in the Summer of Rage Thread? Most Plod etc think it will be a rubber d1ck.

5. One more time for the hard of thinking: there will NOT be riots on the scale of the Miner's Strike, the Poll Tax Riots or Broadwater Farm. The UK's major cities will NOT burn. Coppers will NOT be hacked to death and rioters will NOT be used as Figure 11's by CO19 or the Army. :roll:

At best, we'll see a re-run of the Battle of Princes Street or the Countryside Alliance Ruck; a few hundred "hard-core" Crusty Jugglers being clubbed like baby seals by the TSG. :twisted:

I would love to see tens of thousands of p1ssed off citizens descending on Parliament, wearing V for Vendetta costumes and carrying every weapon they could lay their hands on. But it ain't gonna happen, boys and girls. :(

The truth of the matter is that the vast majority of British citizens are far too "civilised" to be any real threat, and the b@stards in charge know it. The line from V for Vendetta, "People should not be afraid of their goverments. Goverments should be afraid of their people" has never been more true. :x

6. The poll tax riots were swelled in numbers by rent-a-mob ie students (me :) ). This was done by providing free coaches to London outside Student Union bars some with beer on board!

Great day out was had by all!

Cant see the students nowadays willing to partake?

7. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Miniguns and lots of rounds. That should discourage the feckers. We are not France, we do not do this sort of thing. Bring out the fingermen! (ooops, i slipped into an Orwelian reality where Liarbour PF controlled the country with an iron grip, dictating what we can and can't think, do, say, spend money on, etc).

8. Please pay attention to OpSec, old boy; the first recruits don't graduate from the Fingermen Academy until July... :twisted:

9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Blackshirts? I've always fancied a nice fetching blackshirt and peaked cap (bit like the U.S. Department of Homeland Security). And smacking some lefty student heads with a nice rigid baton....

Oooohh eerrr, I'll just leave now before I say anything controversial.

10. I can't wait, a punch up between plod and the great unwashed followed by a night on the lash, does it get any better?

11. Just hope it happens in July, when I'm on holiday; I'll move the TV outside, have a BBQ and some cold beer while watching the fun! :D

12. .
    I'd have preferred the Financial Services Authority to have been on "alert" last year.

13. Pity we don't have something like the French CRS; none of that community policing crap. Just a straight forward Heavy Mob...that's the kind of law enforcement I would enjoy! 8)

14. Infury8r- they were, that's why it's so worrying!

15. Thats why the french come 'tooled up' for a riot, not just a few bricks and bottles like we do.