MHS Defence Estates Housing

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Danny_Dravot, Dec 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was out and about last night, bumped into some old uni mates.

Got chatting to the one of the crowd, who is now pretty senior is in the media and currently researching, amongst other things, the state of forces housing and MHS and DE.

She is aware things are not going too well with housing, but so far her official research channels (ie interviews with DE, stats, DE & MHS reports etc) contain more spin than Alistair Campbell on a waltzer.

She was horrified at some of the dits that i quickly recounted and the service they provide...

Anyway, i suggested that she come on here and make a request from our experiences with them....however, knowing the Arrse community and reaction to researchers, i knew that it would quickly result in the normal 'hearty banter' to such requests.

So i offered to do it for her......

Now, not withstanding the various gagging orders and other restrictions (of course the gagging order does not apply to spouses) I would love to hear specific examples (preferably with supporting evidence) of any housing shockers you've had....ones involving deployments and small children are especially good.

Please can you post them here or PM me, or PM me and i'll provide you with her email address....

Cheers G_B
  2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

1. Clear it through Good/Bad Co's by email
    2. For a bit of balance she may find talking to BAFF who may have some comment to make useful.

3. Check your PM
  4. noted.

Edited to add:

Ok, to to clarify things that i should have put in first post. I've just got off the phone with her and we spoke about a balanced picture.

In short, she's not interested at all in the bigger picture, budgets, politics of DE, relationships between agencies etc.

She is completely focused on the consumer / customer care and the service we get from MHS.

Eg, Have you booked time off work to meet a MHS appoinment and they've not shown up. Or have you complained to MHS and nothing changes.
  5. Many, many times, we have told them that we will not be in at such a time as my wife works, what they say is that we will try to accomodate a certain time frame, they come around outside of said paramiters expecting someone to be in and no one is, they close the request because no one is there, they do not give a specific time that they will be round, it's like pot luck, and then we have to raise the request again
  6. Bung this over in Rear Party. There's a girl on there who's living in a complete flea pit.

We've all got hideous tales of woe. Mine was a damp quarter that would cost too much to fix so DE (who it was passed to after MHS had diagnosed it) decided to just ignore it. And us. For two years. With extortionate heating bills. B*stards.
  7. cheers, can you PM with more details