MH370 location poll

After flight MH370 took off, where did it land?

• Afghanistan

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • China

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • India

• Russia

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Middle East

• Pacific Islands/South China Sea

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • East Africa/Mauritius

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Maldives/another Indian Ocean island

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Indian Ocean

Votes: 76 66.7%

• Total voters
It certainly looks like a 777 part from the drawings & photos being published, and AFAIK, only 3 other 777s have gone down. One in San Francisco, one over Ukraine and one at LHR.

Not to say this couldn't be some kind of elaborate plot, but since there's one missing in the Indian Ocean and this part was found in the Indian Ocean, it seems likely to be from MH370.

From that picture it could be off anything.

An aviation security expert said it had "incredible similarities" to a flap from a Boeing 777, the type of plane that vanished in March 2014.

So not a (mech) Engineer, Designer, Pilot or Safety Authority representative , who may have enough familiarity to recognise the part specifically (as opposed to rough its a flap / door etc).

Possibly just a passing guard then who ventured an opinion.

From that picture it could be off anything.

An aviation security expert said it had "incredible similarities" to a flap from a Boeing 777, the type of plane that vanished in March 2014.

So not a (mech) Engineer, Designer, Pilot or Safety Authority representative , who may have enough familiarity to recognise the part specifically (as opposed to rough its a flap / door etc).

Possibly just a passing guard then who ventured an opinion.
Try this pic:

If that's not a match, I'm a Dutchman. I don't anticipate having to buy any clogs!

Last edited:
A significant talking head was just on the today programme radio 4 and said he is almost certain this is from a triple7...

We should know later today. Once they correlate the oceanographic data they will have a definitive window area in which to search.

So now all we have to work out is where theprevailing current runs from and we might just work out a probable location:-D, how many million square miles is that likley to be?:(

Roadster

Im not too familiar with Flaps (and other structures) all look much the same to me, which is why I wouldn't venture an opinion as to origin. I agree though it does seem a good fit for the schematic, but I suspect given form and function so would many others.

However my point stands regarding the quote by a security expert, Im not sure why we credit everybody who works near an aircraft* as being an expert on the minutiae of aircraft and ops.

Consider
A Hospital security expert said it had "incredible similarities" to a leg from a Polish woman , the type of person that vanished in March 2014.
We would feck that off at the high port.

* Likewise defence etc

Last edited:
From what i heard this afternoon from an 'expert'........alledged 777 wing was found in the southern hemisphere, and to date only one 777 has gone down in southern hemisphere......

World News sources have the find high on their agenda's this evening. It led on the BBC and ITV news so they think it pretty high profile.

Only spanner in the works is how long does it take to email his res photo's of the identifying serial numbers to Boeing in Seattle? They must have the serial numbers for 370's parts on a database at the beckon of a computer keyboard.

Someone somewhere already knows yay or nay........

Depends what parts. Stuff like actuators and things that wear out during normal operation will have unique identifiers, but skin panels and spars probably won't.

However, if the section is unique to a 777 then there is only one candidate.

S

Spider39

It is hard to see even if this does come from the Aircraft how this accident can/will ever be solved ,imho it will remain one of the great mysteries .

A couple of things I have learned from the find is that the population of Reunion is far greater than I thought (over 800k) and that the fourth largest commune there not only has the unfortunate name of Le Tampon but its picture on wiki also leaves something to be desired!

Attachments

I have just cast my vote in 100% knowledge it is in the Indian ocean.

The Flaperon thingy is from MH370..... News breaking now....

ugly

LE
I have just cast my vote in 100% knowledge it is in the Indian ocean.

The Flaperon thingy is from MH370..... News breaking now....
I reckon the pikeys scrapping it dropped a bit off to foil any pursuers

No Win No Fee.

Normally associated with lazy fat lawyers, this has now crept into the aviation world.

Some outfit has agreed to start a new search for MH370 and won`t charge a penny/cent (insert currency of choice) until they`ve located it.
Me being the cynical sort, I just wonder if they`ve found it already and didn`t tell anyone.

There`s a few topics about this so it may have been reported already, if so apologies gents.

Deal signed to resume hunt for MH370

No Win No Fee.

Normally associated with lazy fat lawyers, this has now crept into the aviation world.
Some outfit has agreed to start a new search for MH370 and won`t charge a penny/cent (insert currency of choice) until they`ve located it.
Me being the cynical sort, I just wonder if they`ve found it already and didn`t tell anyone.
There`s a few topics about this so it may have been reported already, if so apologies gents.
Deal signed to resume hunt for MH370
There has to be a way for them to make money. I'm wondering if they will be covering previously uncharted areas, in which case they can sell the maps for a tidy profit (and rightly so). If they were to do that under normal circumstances, they would have to pay a 'licence fee' to some government or other, but probably not in this case.

[tinfoil]
If people like Peter MacMahon can find the wreckage simply by using Google Earth then why did any nation spend shedloads of time and money physically searching the oceans for it?

If Google Earth so good that Peter MacMahon can determine that the wreckage is riddled with 'bullet holes' he should be able to locate the so called black boxes, the remains of passengers and crew and the location of the duty free booze containers.

They do not want it found as it’s full of bullet holes, finding it will only open another inquiry.
[/tinfoil]

Surprised I can`t find any mention of this but if it has been reported apologies.
Some Aussie bloke has claimed that he`s found the aircraft by searching Google Maps.

I thought it was fake news at first but all the news agencies seem to be reporting it now.

Google Maps: Has flight MH370 been found covered in bullet holes?

Looks like nonsense.

The waters there are between 50 and 300 m deep. Google Maps is unable to distinguish little more detail than wavetops and sea foam (the most likely explanation for the "find"), and certainly not sea bed features.

I don't know why people imagine the aircraft will be in one piece. Its going to have impacted the sea at several hundred knots, and is likely to fragmented.

"Bullet holes"? This chap evidently has access to super-high resolution satellite photos..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Transition & Veterans Research 6
G Int Corps 52
Fiona_TG REME 0