MH17: Russia liable for downing airliner over Ukraine

Slime

LE
And within one single post a quote has been made to get a...........direct reply.

This need for direct replies or quotes ruins back and forth ‘normal’ conversation. :)

It seems the reason the recent prisoner swap may have been stalled was because Russia wanted Ukraine to include the suspected commander of the BUK missile launcher:

I wonder how long he's got before he mysteriously dies.

It seems the reason the recent prisoner swap may have been stalled was because Russia wanted Ukraine to include the suspected commander of the BUK missile launcher:

I wonder how long he's got before he mysteriously dies.
There is a logical question in this context - why the Dutch investigators still haven't questioned this so called 'key witness'?

Because Russia wouldn't give him up.
Mr.Tsemakh is more than a year in Ukrainian custody. It is sufficient time interval to question him and if needed to transfer him to the Dutch custody.
But it hasn't been done. Why?

offog

LE
Mr.Tsemakh is more than a year in Ukrainian custody. It is sufficient time interval to question him and if needed to transfer him to the Dutch custody.
Only if you have a dictator, other countries have to go through the law. Walking into a sovereign country and making demands is not quite acceptable to normal democratic countries.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Only if you have a dictator, other countries have to go through the law. Walking into a sovereign country and making demands is not quite acceptable to normal democratic countries.
[My bold in your post] Unless it's the Septics doing it, eh? Viz Ukraine, Venezuela et al.

MsG

Slime

LE
Isn't it great to see this troll asking random strangers online about a Dutch investigation..............rather than perhaps contacting the investigators and ask those directly involved.

Its almost like KGB has no actual interest in arriving at the correct answer ;)

Tsemakh was actually smuggled out of the mafia pretend republics of Donbass in June this year.

So Ukraine have not been holding him for a year.

I can only guess that the legal and diplomatic proceedings ground slowly to get him to Holland. But I can't fathom why he was released, rather than kept until the prisoner exchange is over.

And in anycase, why would Russia want him on the exchange list in the first place? Probably to keep him out of the hands of the Dutch investigators.

Why not, the facts fit the theory.

Tsemakh was actually smuggled out of the mafia pretend republics of Donbass in June this year.

I can only guess that the legal and diplomatic proceedings ground slowly to get him to Holland. But I can't fathom why he was released, rather than kept until the prisoner exchange is over.

And in anycase, why would Russia want him on the exchange list in the first place? Probably to keep him out of the hands of the Dutch investigators.

Yes, mr.Tsemakh is in Ukrainian custody from June this year. You are right. No doubt he was questioned by SBU (Ukrainian secret service) and respective information is available to the Dutch investigators. They could question him themselves - previously and right now.
It was logical to include him in the swap list aы he was a prominent rebel field commander with ZU-2-23 systems at his disposal
1567711790762.png

along with Utes systems
1567711905909.png

offog

LE

A thought that has just occurred to me is that if he was abducted, then when he went to court the Dutch investigators may have a problem with his evidence. So rather than poison the investigation they decided it was better to go down a different route. They may have not looked at any statements he made so that they can then be clear in court that they had no hand in any coercion that may have been used to get that statement.

What they don't want is him standing up in a European court where the rule of law is important shout "They made me make that statement". This may be a difficult concept for the Russian I know.

Clarify your point please. Do you mean the Iraqi war?

Latest Threads