Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MG recommission

RBMK

LE
For interest:

OK, not exactly the same engine but certainly siblings. Some of the castings were different for the MF gearbox connection but things like cylinders, con rods, valves etc were completely interchangable between the TE20 and the TR2/3/4/5 2088cc engines.

Several Triumph owners rebuilt engines with MF parts because they were cheaper!

Truxx

LE
For interest:

OK, not exactly the same engine but certainly siblings. Some of the castings were different for the MF gearbox connection but things like cylinders, con rods, valves etc were completely interchangable between the TE20 and the TR2/3/4/5 2088cc engines.

Several Triumph owners rebuilt engines with MF parts because they were cheaper!
Twas ever thus. A number of years ago I was rebuilding a 1920s American engine. I needed a set of standard pistols because I had sleeved the block. I failed to find any so spoke to the chap who bought the entire "Welworthy" piston business including all the patterns to have positions cast. "Send me a drawing" he said, so using one of the knackered ones that came out drew up the design and sent it to him to see what he could match it with.

Some time later he called back. " Good news and bad" he said " The good news is that I have matched your pistons"

"And the bad news?"

"You need a set of pistols for a Bugatti Royale"

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Cheeky little run out before the winter weather kicks in.
A8E49E24-9CD3-45F7-92F4-854D065E6230.jpeg

Latest Threads