Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MG recommission

I know people like that....
Still got the same squad cars allegedly.
Be afraid.....:eek:
1600599330970.png

Interesting. Might check them out. Normally we use a company called Owen Springs in Rotheram But unless @Ravers actually has a broken leaf or the car has visible ducks disease then a wire brush will do wonders. If they have gone flat or have breaks they can be mended and reset but buying new ones is quicker and cheaper. Although pattern parts are generally sh1t. They do parabolics for "B" s but not sure about "A"s. Unless there is a need to move a boot full of bags of cement or tow a horse box I would (as my dad would say ) leave well alone.
Wood heads made me a set of slightly up rated rear springs years ago for my MGB V8 cheaper than I could buy stock springs from Rimmers.
remarkably.

Especially take care to properly lubricate your kingpin(s)
And remember they are designed to have a little play in them - so you can ignore all the MOT advisories saying they’re worn (until the steering collapses obviously).

Interesting. Might check them out. Normally we use a company called Owen Springs in Rotheram But unless @Ravers actually has a broken leaf or the car has visible ducks disease then a wire brush will do wonders. If they have gone flat or have breaks they can be mended and reset but buying new ones is quicker and cheaper. Although pattern parts are generally sh1t. They do parabolics for "B" s but not sure about "A"s. Unless there is a need to move a boot full of bags of cement or tow a horse box I would (as my dad would say ) leave well alone.
He should know if he’s cracked a leaf spring - the car will sit up when you hit the throttle and back down when you take the power off. At least that’s what happened to me between Minden and Buckeburg!

Truxx

LE
What, like those other fine towns in Wild West Cumberland, Excremont and Disentyton ?
I was brought up in the Lune valley. Going into the Eden Valley was like travelling to another planet. We had a school trip once to Walney Island. I am only just getting over it. In later life I played a lot of rugby over there but by heck, it's a different sort of world.

I was brought up in the Lune valley. Going into the Eden Valley was like travelling to another planet. We had a school trip once to Walney Island. I am only just getting over it. In later life I played a lot of rugby over there but by heck, it's a different sort of world.
Good god. Were you as a schoolboy made to play against Vickers as well.
we used to recon they all carried a stilson up their rugby shirts.
brutal stuff.

Truxx

LE
Good god. Were you as a schoolboy made to play against Vickers as well.
we used to recon they all carried a stilson up their rugby shirts.
brutal stuff.
As a schoolboy I did 3 seasons in the 1st XV. Easily the toughest was Ampleforth. Fcuking combat monks. All the rest on the west coast were pussycats who spent far too much time playing league.

I do a lot of work for Sellafield.
Two words only: Cleator Moor.

We went out with a bird from Cleator Moor for a while way back when

Can't remember her name
I fondly remember her spectacular tits

Apart from the splendid chesticals the experience is probably best described as educational
In retrospect I was fortunate to get out alive

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Slow going on the Ferrari today.

Just one of those jobs that on paper should be easy but in reality fights you every step of the way.

Took me nearly 3 hours to get the rocker cover off. Had to disconnect various sensors, hoses and other bits and pieces that didn’t want to be disconnected.

Just going super slowly and methodically to make sure I don’t drop any washers or anything.

Home stretch now. Cover is back on, just need to reconnect everything.

Found the culprit anyway.

37C56E73-8491-41AE-A6BD-717E36C4D6EA.jpeg
B9F67132-DFB8-46F3-AF28-E6D9B22B45C5.jpeg
DE90144F-05AA-4803-92CD-1A090DBADA51.jpeg

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Gaskets designed by a sadist with a hatred of mechanics on that engine IIRC

It’s designed so that you can drop the engine out and work on it easily.

Great if you’ve got a fully stocked garage with a lift and a special Ferrari engine trolley.

Not great if you’re working in an old converted stable.

Good thing I’ve got lanky long arms like an ape. There is a lot of reaching into nooks and crannies and swearing going on.

And now the bulb for the lamp I’m working under has blown.

**** it, that’s me for the day. I’ll finish it tomorrow.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A fairly productive weekend as mechanical
stuff goes.

Old Massey Ferguson is alive and well now, Ferrari is back together and running sweet.

They’re both red and both have dog leg gearboxes, so pretty much twins.

And we’ve found the V5 for the MG which will save a ton of hassle.

6D52F5E9-9929-44E9-8E0A-3DC585435F1A.jpeg
4E59DD58-A715-4028-A2A2-75A6F1E6275C.jpeg
AEF4093E-1AF2-4AB6-91BE-8BC94C5634E1.jpeg
CC9BFFC1-C848-434B-BD8E-AA1FC46A1C36.jpeg
5EA4CE9E-50FC-453E-8043-E32C7D7077C7.jpeg

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oddly enough while at work Fri had a chat with a bloke with a sympathetically restored MF tractor that was the same as that one. He'd just got it literally road worthy.

That's a good old Carlisle plate if I remember correctly. RM HH and EC....
//Drifting//

I remember as a nipper, the old yellow AA Handbook had pages of all the 2 letter county designators. I was in Dunbartonshire and it was SN. Hours of fun on journeys finding out where the other cars came from!

//Un Drift//

Latest Threads