MG cars and Burberry whats next??

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MSI64, Mar 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Burberry have now gone to China as the wages Bill is cheaper out there, also this week the first MG cars roll off the production line.
    So is there anything else British that the Chinese want?
    Are we going to see Chinese Chavs now?
  2. I don't know about Chinese but i'm surprised that theres no Polish soldiers in the British Army!!The govt could save a fortune by making the RE and REME wholley manned by East European tradesman and the like!!
  3. Will never happen...... Polish tradesmen have much higher standards!

I'll get my coat....
  4. This is how it will pan out. All of our large companies are selling out to Indian & the Far East, or moving their manufacturing/service centres out there, obviously making millions of British citizens unemployed in the process.

In time of course these same companies will start to fail because their customer base will decline as the same people they and others have made unemployed won't have the money to spend on their goods and services.

Anything worthwhile will be bought up by the Indians and Chinese, and moved over there, to sell to their own increasingly prosperous populations.

With declining standards and no hope of work even on minimum wages, lots of Britons will start to be lured out to China and India, to work for their minimum wages in the call centres & factories - the local populace being more aspirational and only willing to work in the higher paid jobs on offer in management or the professions.

Start learning mandarin now guys.
  5. KUng Hei Fat Choi - is that good enough chinese and can i get the social to give me a free house and medical benefits as i am a migrant worker!!!!!!!