MG 34 and MG 42 Available

ugly

LE
We have been shooting section 5 over here fairly regularly, its the ammo cost which keeps the activities to a minimum!

Plenty more online

Last edited:
saw an interview at a range shoot. One guy had a large number of machine guns. He reckoned The way prices are going up they are worth buying purely as an investment. He bought most of his pre 86 and the return on his investment is astronomical.
That is why I bought mine originally. They have quadrupled in price since then.

What's the deal with building your own full auto in the US? It would be quite easy to build /convert anAR15 ,

Before anyone asks I reckon you get 10 years jail in the UK even if you had no ill intent.
Without the proper licensing/tax stamps as a manufacturer, it will get you a long stretch in federal prison if caught. Merely having the parts is deemed "constructive manufacture."

I am sure in the Mountain West we have quite a few old boys who have “modified” some of their kit. But as long as you are discreet, nobody is going to go looking either.
I am much more risk averse.

I assume a refenence to the Bank of America robbery in California. Illegal weapons used.
It was a comment on how expensive they are.

This also relates to why you don't see "proper" machine guns used in many crimes in the US. The average criminal can't afford to buy one, and if he stole one it would make more financial sense to try to sell it to a collector than to use it in a robbery.

It was a comment on how expensive they are.

This also relates to why you don't see "proper" machine guns used in many crimes in the US. The average criminal can't afford to buy one, and if he stole one it would make more financial sense to try to sell it to a collector than to use it in a robbery.
Misunderstood your post. We are of one mind. ;-)

Just came available--in US only! BRRRRRRRRRP! ;-) View attachment 389082
15 years ago I went with a colleague to inspect a former Home Defence weapons store in Bosnia that SFOR had just embargo'ed from sale to a US dealer, who had paid $50k for the lot.

There were several thousand carefully boxed and greased weapons in there, nearly all WW2 or just post-war vintage, including loads of Yugoslav K-98 and MG-42, but also quite a bit of original Wehrmacht stuff. I recall opening boxes of MG-34, MP-40, Bergmann MP models (complete with drum magazines) and Walther pistols. Even a loose box of well-used Lugers.

Not sure why they'd never been dished out during the war (it was in a former Croat pocket), may simply have been a lack of suitable ammunition.

Wonder if he ever got his hands on them...

Complete aside. I was driving through E Bumblefcuk, Virginia a couple months ago, and saw a Ferret in a Mom'n Pop type one-horse garage business. Thought I was imagining things, but on the return journey the next day, it was indeed a Ferret. Looked in good condition too. British cam paint pattern, UK MOD plates.

Why on earth would someone privately import such a thing? I can't imagine there were any shipped to the US by the MOD. Possibly BATUS and demoted from there?
There are quite a few Ferrets around, both in Canada and the US. Some were indeed imported, but the majority are ex Canadian army who used them as well and were surplused off. A lot of British vehicles from Batus are sold off through the Canadian Crown Assets system, not sure what the deal is between the two governments, Canada acts as the middleman possibly.

At the risk of being repetitive I remember a story told by a former neighbour of my sister in law. He had been a machine gunner on the eastern front, used the MG42. He reckoned at times he just couldn't get the rds down range fast enough and that with a cyclic rate of 1200 rds per min or an effective rate of about 400 rds per min. His loader worked like a one armed paper hanger bringing link and spare barrels as fast as he could. Stalins human wave was truly overwhelming, their soldiers were equipped with PpSh submachine guns and loads of ammo, rations were boiled potatoes, dried fish and a bottle of vodka. The theory was simple, the rations were for 24 hrs, thereafter it was either over run the German positions and take their rations or starve. Simples.

Bottom picture appears to be not of US origin, the flag in the background bears no resemblance to the Stars and Stripes. Mexico?
What does it say immediately above the photo...?

In the early noughties I went on an exchange jumps course with zee Germans and got to fire (amongst other stuff) the MG42 - or rather whatever the updated version was at that time.

Things that struck me were:

1. the rate of fire
2. the comedy bit of fire proof cloth for changing the barrel (which almost certainly caused burns to the user)

and finally

3. the non disintegrating link - or rather the weird contraption clamped to a table for loading loose rounds into said link which resembled a large coffee grinder and was stamped with an eagle and dated 1943......

Incidentally one of the blokes took some WWII ‘memorabilia’ to ~sell~ show them and they couldn’t get enough of it as believe it was or still probably is ‘verboten’ for them to have.

Latest Threads