MG 34 and MG 42 Available

Those pictures are evidence of a desperately damaged country.
Indeed so, although I think a more appropriate term might be "desperately damaged society". It's not confined to just one country. UK, for example.

Germany:

Indeed so, although I think a more appropriate term might be "desperately damaged society". It's not confined to just one country. UK, for example.

Germany:

I seem to recall a period in recent history when such things as Ferrets and Saracens were deployed in a police role in the UK, too.

You just set off a group on here who will be combing the net trying to prove you wrong in another vain attempt at whining about lax US guns laws. Kudos and a job well done, keeps em busy and off here for a while at least......
Thanks. I do what I can in my small way. ;-)

I seem to recall a period in recent history when such things as Ferrets and Saracens were deployed in a police role in the UK, too.
Complete aside. I was driving through E Bumblefcuk, Virginia a couple months ago, and saw a Ferret in a Mom'n Pop type one-horse garage business. Thought I was imagining things, but on the return journey the next day, it was indeed a Ferret. Looked in good condition too. British cam paint pattern, UK MOD plates.

Why on earth would someone privately import such a thing? I can't imagine there were any shipped to the US by the MOD. Possibly BATUS and demoted from there?

If you are a sect 5 holder you can get a working MG42 for less than £1k , they only fetch around £1500 for a deactivated one.

If you are a sect 5 holder you can get a working MG42 for less than £1k , they only fetch around £1500 for a deactivated one.
At a slight tangent: I was offered an MP5 for over $20K, ........... a used one. Have you seen how hard it is to change a barrel on an MP5?

At a slight tangent: I was offered an MP5 for over $20K, ........... a used one. Have you seen how hard it is to change a barrel on an MP5?
Thaf is about 15K less than what I have seen recently. Heck, my Uzi is about 15K now.

Thaf is about 15K less than what I have seen recently. Heck, my Uzi is about 15K now.
It was approaching mid $20K's, last summer. Turned it down, the wife is tolerant but, I would rather not be homeless.

I saw one for $35K on gunbroker, must have been 3 or 4 years ago.........that was just ludicrous as I remember what was paid for them out of the factory door back in the 80's and 90's.

It was approaching mid $20K's, last summer. Turned it down, the wife is tolerant but, I would rather not be homeless.

I saw one for $35K on gunbroker, must have been 3 or 4 years ago.........that was just ludicrous as I remember what was paid for them out of the factory door back in the 80's and 90's.
My wife was more tolerant when I was earning a wage rather than now depending on retirement.

Of course if you play in the NFA league, you must not look at the cost to make these guns since it bears no relation whatever to their artificial cost due to arbitrary regulation.

Another tangent. We visited a small gun shop near Ocala, Florida in 2012 and they had a fully operational .50 calibre Browning on the shop floor surrounded by thousands of rounds of ammunition. The owner told me that it was out of a B17 and he'd sell it for $50k. I jokingly told him that it was tempting, but coming from Canada, it would be impossible. He said "Yeah, I hear you got some strange gun laws up there." Indeed.

What's the deal with building your own full auto in the US? It would be quite easy to build /convert anAR15 ,

Before anyone asks I reckon you get 10 years jail in the UK even if you had no ill intent.

What's the deal with building your own full auto in the US? It would be quite easy to build /convert anAR15 ,

Before anyone asks I reckon you get 10 years jail in the UK even if you had no ill intent.
You do not pass go, do not collect $200 and go straight to jail..

What are the cops going to do, if a naughty chap ends up with one of those and does something stupid?

In the Army, we'd deal with an emplaced MG by mortar fire, artillery fire, ATk missile, fast air, Apache or possibly a cheeky grenade if you could get close enough, out of the arc of fire. It's seriously upping the ante if the cops end up with any of those!
The cops could just use one of those armoured assault vehicles and drive over the mg. They have been waiting for years to play with the big toys so any excuse etc.

Perhaps one of our Americans could enlighten me. I know that a fully transferable machine gun can be bought by anyone with the appropriate licence if state law allows it. On forgotten weapons the other day gun jesus mentioned a dealer ony weapon, one not availabe to the general public. What is the score considering you can buy and fire a 105 howitzer or flamethrower as long as you have a destructive device licence I find it strange that some weapons are restricted.

My wife was more tolerant when I was earning a wage rather than now depending on retirement.

Of course if you play in the NFA league, you must not look at the cost to make these guns since it bears no relation whatever to their artificial cost due to arbitrary regulation.
saw an interview at a range shoot. One guy had a large number of machine guns. He reckoned The way prices are going up they are worth buying purely as an investment. He bought most of his pre 86 and the return on his investment is astronomical.

Latest Threads