Mexico - Narco-state in the making?

IMHO one of the reasons has been the increasing laxity of customs checks within Europe and the farce that is Frontex.

Well, thank Boris for Brexit then, and taking back control of the island fortress's borders.:rolleyes:

No one ever said it would be quick, the alternative is the acceptance of status quo. :rolleyes:

When instant gratification turns into humiliation: but as a true believer, I'm sure you're ok with that.

How ready is your oven?

LONDON, ENGLAND - JULY 18: A 'Vote LEAVE' battle bus is parked outside the Houses of Parliament in Westminster by the environmental campaign group Greenpeace before being re-branded on July 18, 2016 in London, England. The bus which was used during the European Union (EU) referendum campaign and had the statement We send the EU ??350 million a week let's fund our NHS instead along the side was today covered with thousands of questions for the new Prime Minister Theresa May and her government about what a 'Brexit' might mean for the environment. (Photo by Jack Taylor/Getty Images)

Last edited:
Do yourself a favour and look up the staffing figures of HM Customs and Excise for the year of 1996.
And then focus in on the number of actual ports officers currently engaged compared to way back then in those duties.
Then there was a general election in 1997 and a number of things changed in the Civil Service.

Perhaps then compare the number of HMRC staff currently employed at UK ports to the numbers in 1996 and tell the rest of us in the class why it is all down to Boris?

Official population of the UK in 1996 = 58 million.
Official population of the UK in 2021 = 68 million.

Good luck!

Do yourself a favour and look up the staffing figures of HM Customs and Excise for the year of 1996.
And then focus in on the number of actual ports officers currently engaged compared to way back then in those duties.
Then there was a general election in 1997 and a number of things changed in the Civil Service.

Perhaps then compare the number of HMRC staff currently employed at UK ports to the numbers in 1996 and tell the rest of us in the class why it is all down to Boris?

Good luck!

The reversocycle is strong in this one. I thought Brexit was about moving forward, rather than looking back.

The reversocycle is strong in this one. I thought Brexit was about moving forward, rather than looking back.
Figures please for the current numbers of those defending the island fortress's borders.
The comparison you should be seeking would be the staffing numbers for ports officers employed by HM Customs and Excise as was then from 1996 compared to the present day.
And your input as regards to how exactly the current PM influenced the massive descaling of ports officers whilst employed as a freelance journalist in 1996 would also be informative.
Donnez moi un break indeed.

When you are ready.
Good luck.

Figures please for the current numbers of those defending the island fortress's borders.
The comparison you should be seeking would be the staffing numbers for ports officers employed by HM Customs and Excise as was then from 1996 compared to the present day.
And your input as regards to how exactly the current PM influenced the massive descaling of ports officers whilst employed as a freelance journalist in 1996 would also be informative.
Donnez moi un break indeed.

When you are ready.
Good luck.

Still enjoying living in France, where Brexit has no effect on your lifestyle? You're interested in the numbers; you find them.

When instant gratification turns into humiliation: but as a true believer, I'm sure you're ok with that.

How ready is your oven?

LONDON, ENGLAND - JULY 18: A 'Vote LEAVE' battle bus is parked outside the Houses of Parliament in Westminster by the environmental campaign group Greenpeace before being re-branded on July 18, 2016 in London, England. The bus which was used during the European Union (EU) referendum campaign and had the statement We send the EU ??350 million a week let's fund our NHS instead along the side was today covered with thousands of questions for the new Prime Minister Theresa May and her government about what a 'Brexit' might mean for the environment. (Photo by Jack Taylor/Getty Images)'Vote LEAVE' battle bus is parked outside the Houses of Parliament in Westminster by the environmental campaign group Greenpeace before being re-branded on July 18, 2016 in London, England. The bus which was used during the European Union (EU) referendum campaign and had the statement We send the EU ??350 million a week let's fund our NHS instead along the side was today covered with thousands of questions for the new Prime Minister Theresa May and her government about what a 'Brexit' might mean for the environment. (Photo by Jack Taylor/Getty Images)
Mine’s been ready since that idiot signed Lisbon. What people put on busses is their business, but it seems many don’t get it. We have a history of making the wrong decisions for the wrong reasons and letting the people pay. All I can say is many will have their reason for for disagreeing. I am quite content.

Good luck!
Then add that to the number of immigration officers at major ports in comparison to now.

Still enjoying living in France, where Brexit has no effect on your lifestyle? You're interested in the numbers; you find them.
Enjoying living in France?
Very much so, coming up to 10 years now.
Funnily enough Brexit has not affected the lifestyle of any of my former colleagues, previous neighbours that I still remain in contact with nor my brothers and family, all of whom are still living and working in the UK.
So how has it impacted so badly on your life then?
Were you an MEP in a former trade or calling?

Enjoying living in France?
Very much so, coming up to 10 years now.
Funnily enough Brexit has not affected the lifestyle of any of my former colleagues, previous neighbours that I still remain in contact with nor my brothers and family, all of whom are still living and working in the UK.
So how has it impacted so badly on your life then?
Were you an MEP in a former trade or calling?

Regular British military; still serving. So you have full French/EU rights by length of residency?

Last edited:
So you have full French/EU rights by length of residency?

There are no EU rights as to residency, none at all.
Nor health benefits or a myriad of others some people could name.
There is a fcukton of dis and misinformation about the EU and rights.
All of mine come courtesy of the French government, courtesy of filling in a few forms correctly online.
None came from Brussels or Strasbourg.
PM me if you wish to know more, this thread has been deviated enough.
The only thing about Brexit that has affected me is not being able to vote for the village mayor, nothing more and nothing less.
It's as bad as that.

Latest Threads