Mexican Stand-Off: The Dangerous Paralysis of Civilization

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by NEO_CON, Jul 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is from a blogger . If I could only understand what he is saying,I think he has a point ?

http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/008768.php

2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Ahhh...very interesting....

Almost a subtle (tho' to my mind divisive) report, but I think all I can add that when one follows a path you knew lead to a dead end on an elongated peninsula, a bit late to blame the map reader. The issues of American Foreign policy and where they were headed were well known during the cold war, and there can be no doubt that 911 wasn't a beginning of something. I cite the actions of Burgess, Blunt, Philby and Maclean, and tho' I believed them traitors as a youth, they have over the last years become not traitors (as they did actually say when they defected) but heroes (***Nehustan pencils in that he must suggest a statue of the Cambridge Spies one day***). The statement that 'what happens matters' is surely a truism, but we have choices (more than would be admitted to) as to what actually occurs. Let's just say geopolitical and economic positioning has coloured choices that are presented as 'the only options' far more than supposéd threat from Islam.