Metropolitan Trendies. What a bunch of arrse

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by the_guru, Jan 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This bit really grips my sh@t
    Sir Ian has promoted gay rights since becoming the Met's chief. He has appointed 24 diversity advisers on £35,000-a-year salaries

Firstly, WTF is a"diversity adviser". Why does he need one , let alone 24 and how does he justify spending £840,000 on such a waste of time. :evil:
  2. Seriously. Assuming this is all represented accurately...I don't even care about which'un people like to take it in, and this annoys me.

Who you sh@g is not, and should not be, your entire identity. Why should it be the basis of a "History Month"? Even if Shakespeare did enjoy the company of other men, and we have only recent conjecture that he there one good reason why we should teach kids about "that great homosexual playwright, Shakespeare"? Or "the lesbian social reformer, Jane Addams?" It's of absolutely no value to the lesson, and it adds no further insight to their accomplishments. If anything, it distracts.

And it's also, at some point, unethical. If a historical figure has not identified him or herself as homosexual, then I do not believe anyone has the right to "out" them afterward and teach it as fact.
  3. same as "Black history month" why is there a need to ram everything down our throats? Are we sexist, homophobic, racist if we think all of this utter bollox? probably be called it if we dont see the need for it.

Reply edited , it's not the Naafi Bar
  4. People get real, its a Daily Mail article which means its arrse designed to provoke by people quaffing fine wine in Chelsea, conserve your anger, however if it appears in the Guardian or the Independant then....
  5. I thought we were supposed to be working towards a society in which we value a person for their achievements, not their colour or sexuality?

I doubt that Johnson Beharrie's VC has anything about his colour engraved on it. Nor is it in a special 'black bravery' category. He's just a very brave man in a (British) uniform, and an inspiration to all.

These misguided idiots are achieving the exact opposite to what they desire.
  6. If you read the comments by some of the readers you find the lovely comment:-

I welcome the inclusion of history for young lesbians and gay pupils givng them a sense of history.

- Salli Edwards, Cheshire

What is that dumb bitch on?
  7. Just look at who is driving this campaign...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I also like their reasoning behind the event

In other words, they are revising history as they go.

Oh what fun :x
  8. 307

307 War Hero

I have got more time for things such as black history month as there actually is some history their, but gay history, what flucking gay history!? How about we start teaching a bit more British history first to give people the sense of national pride that they're so desperately lacking on the whole. We seem ashamed of our greatness and the pastf eats we have achieved, why shouldn't we celebrate that we once ruled over an empire that stretched over much of the world. WHy can't we celebrate that we have won 2 world wars and the heroism invovled in doing that rather than just fleeting over the fact in education.
  9. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

This rather apposite article appeared in this morning's Times.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

If this screecher history thing takes off, I take it that the subject will be taught proportionally.

What I mean is if, as the queer 'spin doctors' (now there's an image I didn't mean to conjure up 8O ) claim, one person in ten prefers sex with others of their own gender, will the teachers only apply ten percent of their time to teaching about them ?
    Will the same sense of proportionality apply to teaching about other religions, races or foreign countries ?

I'm all for this, if I make the decision to teach my children that Judaism is the one true religion, I am permitted to have them excused those lessons which lend strength to other faiths.
    Ergo if Tim Trotskyteacher starts informing them that forming daisychains while dressed as pirates is acceptable, I will be able to ensure that they are not subjected to such disinformation.

If the DFAT, (Diesels, Fruits, ACDCs and Trannies) will be getting their sexual preferences promoted in schools, I take it we can look forward to Bestiality History Month, Coprophilia History Month and not forgetting LJH's favourite, Paedophile History Month.
    Or perhaps that was the plan all along...?
  12. I bet this won't be on the curriculum in Muslim schools...

As was mentioned by somebody on another thread, we now have a situation where the government is being both actively pro-Muslim and actively pro-gay, almost in the same breath. Given how these two possibilities are mutually exclusive (we all know what Muslims think of homosexuals), I wonder which one will be dropped first? Especially after Sir Iqbal's recent outburst...