Metropolitan Police to unleash walt cull?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Aug 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

I don't know whether to laugh or cry but, according to the London paper tonight:

Gunmen will stalk victims through the capita­l from midnight­ tonight­ – but fortunately the marksmen will wield nothing more dangerous than water pistols...

For the next three weeks, more than 150 Londoners will loiter in doorways, duck behind cars and stalk their prey as Street Wars returns...

Each “assassin” gets an envelope­ with the name, address­, working hours and photo of their target... Eric Luk, 25... said of his target: “I got him by making friends with his neighbours and waiting there for him to come home.”

Other assassins have lured targets out by sending fake emails from the event organisers. The Street Wars website even suggests assassins pose as a “delivery person”.

Given the current situation, this seems to be a seriously bad idea and potentially catastrophic. Is this harmless fun or likely to end in tragedy as plod cuts loose at 150 Londoners loitering in doorways, ducking behind cars and generally stalking their prey? What should be done with these people? Are they completely oblivious to the wider world around them and should they be stopped or is this a golden opportunity to thin out the Legion of Frontiersmen?

The link is at:
  2. oh dear god......

(setting up ambulance chasing law firm as we speak....)
  3. God I wish I was on nights, I can for see hours of "innocent" fun with this

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

The organiser was quoted as saying: "It’s a perfect escape from real life.” so he may be covered legally.
  5. Rather disturbing.

What if they were to make a mistake and "surprise " the wrong person, ending up with a good kicking :)
  6. A very likely scenario in some parts of London.
  7. Likewise. :twisted:
  8. Thats the least of the problems they have to worry about. What a bunch of complete T*ssers. Go on you coppers on here.

GO GET THEM 8) :twisted:
  9. Ohhh this will be fun i am on nights tonight hope they come round here, we havent a good kratos since Jean Charles de Menezes got slotted.
  10. Once upon a time, it was good fun. Oh how life's changed. Good luck to them I say. Any one on duty might want to catch some real villans.
  11. Sounds as though the same fools who dreamed up the idea of 16-year old pseudo-police have been at work here. I worry, sometimes.
  12. "A perfect escape from real life" yeah for sure, it could end up being the perfect escape from life, period.
  13. There was an article on this in one of the lads mags some time ago. It is quite big across the pond apparently. IIRC once a target has been er... assasinated, then he/she gets another but at the same time are being hunted by someone. The few that get all their targets are then tasked to take out the chief organiser. There did seem to be a number of cases of breaking and entering logged.

There used to be something similar in my unit but what whether the some what increased work load it got sidelined, well for reality.

Okay in a controlled environment, but probably a little iffy in the current climate. However, if you see someone cutting around the street with a super soaker, you would hope that would be clear rather than getting a sudden stop stop stop from the boys and girls in blue!
  14. It will all end in tears!
  15. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I assume Red Troop will have gone onto full Walt standbye?
    Even as we speak Mike ' The Para' Golden will be stting up VCP's in his manor
    Caubeen will be strolling about monacle firmly in place directing things as benifits his rank

We ought to organise one of these get all the walts in one place and the open the Arrse concentration camp where we can dish ritual beatings daily :D