metro ad

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by captain scarlet, Aug 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Todays metro cover advert (4 pages) for army recruitment - not a single mention of the reserves. One Army recruitment my arse!
  2. Any chance of a scan or have the Mysterons got it
    • Like Like x 1
  3. exactlly one army, why mention the reserves, it ONE ARMY ;P
    • Like Like x 1
  4. maybe the TA forum should be abandoned or least changed to Reserves
  5. It should only be available one night a week, and the odd weekend.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Out of interest, how did your TA Live go? One Army recruitment my arse!

It'll be interesting to see if TA Live 2 goes some way to integrate the one Army recruitment which you so long for!
  7. Just scrap the entire forum, as youve pointed out its one army :)
  8. Technically I think you'll find that should be one defence force, and if Capita carries on for much longer one fire team......
  9. By the same logic we might as well scrap all the boards by Arm / Service forums. As you say, we're all one Army.
  10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

The TA is still alive and kicking. The Army (and the TA) may not like it, but until the law is changed, the TA it remains. The law is due to be changed by, possibly, the end of this year. Until then it stays as the TA Forum as it is still the TA.

Anyway, whose bright idea was it to change the offer, change the name, and change the recruiting system - all at once? Any Meeja experts out there who know anything about 'branding' and marketing who would care to comment on this clever bit of timing? In my in-expert view one at a time is traumatic, but all three at once could be a disaster. Well, probably is a disaster for the time being. The change to Capita was not the fault of the Army (or even the TA) so they can't be blamed for that. The change of name - good idea, if done carefully. but the change of offer? Has that been thought through, properly? We will see...
    • Like Like x 3