Meteor Shower tonight

Lucretia

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
For anyone capable of lying on the ground and looking up at the stars - the Perseid Meteor Shower should be at its best and brightest tonight, after midnight in the UK.

If you see a meteor wizz over, you can record it on a website or Twitter (hoik spit) about it, if you really must. Or you could just go 'oooo, wow'....

Meteorwatch.org

Safety Note: The meteors best viewed from somewhere with little light pollution like the Brecons or Otterburn, rather than, say, the pavement outside a Weatherspoons, or the hard shoulder of the M6. Although, thinking about the various threads in the NAAFI concerning bodily (dis)functions, meteor watching would make the perfect excuse - 'I was watching the Perseids and it was so amazing I never noticed...'

I might go out for a look tonight, I remember last year being informed on a forum of the possibility of seeing the International Space Station, so I went out into the garden at the time given and did indeed see it moving overhead from west to east. I dont even live in that much of a rural area either.

I might go out for a look tonight, I remember last year being informed on a forum of the possibility of seeing the International Space Station, so I went out into the garden at the time given and did indeed see it moving overhead from west to east. I dont even live in that much of a rural area either.
Me too, I'm normally flat on my back in a field at 11 pm anyway

R

randomgary

went out for 5 mins as the other half had never seen one! seen about 7. one was extreamly bright

Cloudy down south…

Sat out last night and was impressed, I saw about 25 streaks over 1 hour, hoping to see some more tonight.

Upwards. Towards the sky.[/QUOTE

Haha walked into that one Pigshyt. Humour me...last time I was star gazing waiting for 'streaky lights' I was looking towards the west when the great event was taking place behind a Tor to the east.

Still looking...can't see anything yet! The sky is clear and the stars are exceptionally bright.

Where's Sir Patrick Moore when you need him. No meteors.

Sat out on the decking in a sleeping bag with a beer watching the stars twinkle and it is so peaceful...sure beats where you are Wench.

Sat out on the decking in a sleeping bag with a beer watching the stars twinkle and it is so peaceful...sure beats where you are Wench.
Sir Patrick would make your decking tilt...

Have you seen the size of him lately?

Why are you talking to yourself?

We went for a walk tonight with the Pirate Dog (Arr Arr) and saw a star, I made a wish.

I wished you'd get pretty. Has it worked yet?

On a seriouser note, it's a bit cloudy here, and I am far too lazy to get the telescope out of msr's diffies room.

I need see a star though.

Sir Patrick would make your decking tilt...

Have you seen the size of him lately?
He is a sweety, when I get to be his age I hope I still have the same mental faculties he possesses. Saw him interview a couple of NASA astronauts a few months ago. You could see the reverence they held him in.

He is a sweety, when I get to be his age I hope I still have the same mental faculties he possesses. Saw him interview a couple of NASA astronauts a few months ago. You could see the reverence they held him in.
Well it wasn't G Forces holding him in.

He's more centrifugal than centripetal these days.

Why he doesn't have a couple of moons (at the very least) orbiting him I'll never know...