Meteor Shower tonight

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Lucretia, Aug 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lucretia

Lucretia Old-Salt Book Reviewer

For anyone capable of lying on the ground and looking up at the stars - the Perseid Meteor Shower should be at its best and brightest tonight, after midnight in the UK.

If you see a meteor wizz over, you can record it on a website or Twitter (hoik spit) about it, if you really must. Or you could just go 'oooo, wow'....

Safety Note: The meteors best viewed from somewhere with little light pollution like the Brecons or Otterburn, rather than, say, the pavement outside a Weatherspoons, or the hard shoulder of the M6. Although, thinking about the various threads in the NAAFI concerning bodily (dis)functions, meteor watching would make the perfect excuse - 'I was watching the Perseids and it was so amazing I never noticed...'
  2. I might go out for a look tonight, I remember last year being informed on a forum of the possibility of seeing the International Space Station, so I went out into the garden at the time given and did indeed see it moving overhead from west to east. I dont even live in that much of a rural area either.
  3. Me too, I'm normally flat on my back in a field at 11 pm anyway
  4. Seen one meteorite, seen 'em all. They don't even go 'fssszzzz' the way they should.
  5. went out for 5 mins as the other half had never seen one! seen about 7. one was extreamly bright
  6. Cloudy down south…
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Sat out last night and was impressed, I saw about 25 streaks over 1 hour, hoping to see some more tonight.
  8. Missed this on the news/weather. The south west is clear tonight any chance of moi seeing anything? Which direction should I be looking?
  9. Upwards. Towards the sky.
  11. I wonder if Perry Como was watching?
  12. The only thing I can see above the slum I live in is the police helicopter.
  13. What have you been up to?

Will we see you on the telly on Nightwatch or that kind of program?
  14. Where's Sir Patrick Moore when you need him. No meteors.

Sat out on the decking in a sleeping bag with a beer watching the stars twinkle and it is so peaceful...sure beats where you are Wench.
  15. Sir Patrick would make your decking tilt...

Have you seen the size of him lately?