Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by OldGrumpy, Feb 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all...

has anyone out there ever had this and how did they cure/ solve the problem??

2. I get it coz I wear high heels alot and i have tight achillies tendons. Wear shoes that fit well and allow you feet enough room. Do some flexability exercises with your ankles and achillies and take paracetamol and brufen.

A good ankle exercise is to point your toes then imagine you are writing the alphabet in big letters with your big toe, also standing with the ball of your foot on a step and allowing your foot to flex downwards and holding it flexed for a least 30 seconds will stretch your achillies.

Stop wearing high heels! :wink:
  3. Hi Dolly...

you do know that the problem is with the 2nd toe and the pad at the ball of the foot?

I am a little confused when you mention the ankle...
  4. Thanks Jarrod....
  5. Yes OG I am well aware of it, having more supple ankles is one of the ways to help eliviate symptoms as it helps your foot to move correctly when you walk and thus pay corrct any problem causing the metatarsalgia. Just because it is the ball of the foot that is hurting doesn't mean that it is the place that needs treatment. Like I said I have suffered from it coz my achillies has altered my pronation.
  6. Ok thanks for the advice I'll give it a go..