Metalsmith vs Vehicle Mechanic

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by SamE, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know you guys have probably had hundreds of 'this vs that' questions but I'm just curious as to what you'll think about this one.

At college where I was studying mechanics I was told about progressing onto a welding and fabrication course, which I ultimately started and am currently studying, and I was wondering since I have some knowledge in both of these areas which do you think would be the better option to go for?

I think I'd enjoy both, but there seems to be mass amounts of VMs out there and MS is quite unpopular.

Any input would be great.

Apache pilot or Chef what do you think is the best career threads are bad, very bad - Kindly research the jobs that interest you find the forums have a read and then discuss with others interested in that trade or even better at your AFCO - Thanks Disco.
  2. Fcuk knows mate, we can't tell you what the best option for you is, only you know that.
  3. Yeah, I know that haha. I was just looking for some advice as to what the pros and cons were to each job and make my decision on others experiences so I don't make a mistake. :)
  4. Try asking in the REME or RE forum, might get a better response.
  5. Metalsmith doesn't have as many postings available as VM. VM's are a direct entry trade to Artificer, you'd have to re-trade from metalsmith if you wanted to go tiffy. REME forum .........go!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.