Metalsmith day to day role

I'm 24 atm but probably won't be getting in until 25. I am looking at metal smith as first choice but pretty much any trade is up for consideration.

I have did building work from 16 to 22. Done tarmacing, brickwork, block paving, hod carrying and kerbs. Been in a factory for last 2 years on nights.

Also what are the chances of getting to play rugby as I have did play for 15 years. Not to toot my own horn but I did play for county side and a few try outs for pro teams.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Metal Smithing is RE not REME

As to rugby, depends upon the posting but most units have a team.

I'm 24 atm but probably won't be getting in until 25. I am looking at metal smith as first choice but pretty much any trade is up for consideration.

I have did building work from 16 to 22. Done tarmacing, brickwork, block paving, hod carrying and kerbs. Been in a factory for last 2 years on nights.

Also what are the chances of getting to play rugby as I have did play for 15 years. Not to toot my own horn but I did play for county side and a few try outs for pro teams.
Seriously, the Army likes Rugby more than just a bit... Much more....

Check out the Army Rugby Union at Army Rugby Union for example.

It wouldn't surprise me if they started a team just for you if you expressed an interest.

Unless your are rugby league instead in which case yo can just ---- right off!

Metal Smithing is RE not REME

As to rugby, depends upon the posting but most units have a team.
Note to self:. Must remember to contact the 50 or so metal benders and producers of nut and bolt men that I had the honour of serving with. They need to know that they were wearing the wrong cap badge. Arte et Marte. pS to OP. REME Rugby rocks.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Note to self:. Must remember to contact the 50 or so metal benders and producers of nut and bolt men that I had the honour of serving with. They need to know that they were wearing the wrong cap badge. Arte et Marte. pS to OP. REME Rugby rocks.
My apologies, I am referring to the RE Trade Welder and Fabricator, which to me is a metalsmith.

I fixed enough of their teeth at RSME Chatham!

I can confirm i play rugby union but I'd probably have to change position I mean i cant get in as a 19 stone prop forward. 15 stone is the stage id have to be to get in so i might have to play flanker.

I do know their is a army rugby union team. Ive been to rn vs army game for the last 10 years with my grandad.

I just didn't know if the army loves rugby has changed since the mid seventies when he left. He played winger because he is a old skinny barstool who never got over 12 stone and 6'5.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
youngwelder REME 2
youngwelder Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 0
S REME 4