Metallica Announce UK Tour

#3
If they play anything like as well on this tour as they did at the 02, it'll rock!
 
#5
insert-coin-here said:
They are still the best live band I have seen,great news.

BTW is the new album any good?
Yes.....downl...errr....buy it :)
 
#7
smudge67 said:
insert-coin-here said:
They are still the best live band I have seen,great news.

BTW is the new album any good?
Yes.....downl...errr....buy it :)
Can you recomend a single I should downl...er buy first?I ask as the last album had one or two good tracks but was generally unlistenable IMHO.
 
#8
I liked St Anger. It took a couple of listens to get into it. The new album mixes St Anger with a bit of their old style of music.

I expected more from "Unforgiven III" though.
 
#9
smudge67 said:
I liked St Anger. It took a couple of listens to get into it. The new album mixes St Anger with a bit of their old style of music.

I expected more from "Unforgiven III" though.
St anger was not a 'bad' album imho it was just way too 1 dimensional coming from metallica.I think james was just singing the notes from his rehab sessions.

If it is a mix of the old and new I hope it is a return to the 'and justice for all......' days. :twisted:
 
#10
The day that never comes, is the single that's out now. It's good. A bit melodic, but some of the other tracks are very heavy, again, thankfully.

Downl *cough* The Judas Kiss, My Apocolypse, and The End of the line
 
#11
Hopefully we'll be seeing some old school stuff on this tour-the encore at O2 was Stone Cold Crazy, Jump in the fire + seek and destroy, I want a full crowd participation Creeping Death-DIE, DIE, DIE!

James himself slated St Anger at that gig-"Heres one from the 'well loved' St Anger album, this one kicks a$$ though!" when introducing Frantic...
 
#12
Me not like St Anger.

Me likie new album though. :D
 
#13
Hated St Anger, but love this. Bit of a mix of And Justice, the black album and Ride The Lightning, I reckon.

I love Unforgiven III after a few listens, didn't at first. The Judas Kiss is a good old thrash song, among others.

Suffice to say, I have my ticket ordered.
 
#14
Hopefully they will just nip across the N Sea and play in Bergen again.
One lives in hope!

SK
 
#16
Suedehead said:
washed up hasbeens.
Clearly, by the way they still have such a huge fanbase who continue to love their music, both old and new.
 
#18
these guys were amazing at reading festival this year, i hope i get to see them on this tour, would be sweet!
 
#19
Dr_Chris said:
Hated St Anger, but love this. Bit of a mix of And Justice, the black album and Ride The Lightning, I reckon.

I love Unforgiven III after a few listens, didn't at first. The Judas Kiss is a good old thrash song, among others.

Suffice to say, I have my ticket ordered.
How??
 
#20
I havent seen 'talica live since 1987 at Donnington. I regret not seeing them during their Black Album and Justice days.

St Anger was awful; that jarring snare drum sound gave me a headache.

The new album is good and well worth a download (available on iTunes, unlike the back catalogue). I particularly like the first track, That Was Your Life, great riff.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads