metal pin in the wrist.

Discussion in 'Army Professionally Qualified Recruitment' started by h-bomb, Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the correct place so sorry if it is the wrong place.

I broke my wrist (scaphoid) in October 2007 it wont heal by itself and so I am going to have to have surgery to put a pin in it which will never be removed. Will this prevent me from joining the regular army and will I have to leave the TA? If you do not know the answer do you know where I should inquire?

2. If you can complete the necessary physical tests then it shouldn't be a problem.

Can you bend your wrist sufficiently to do press ups?

3. No worries mate i've got one or two in my ankle no problems,but i got them 15 years after i left! :D

4. 1. I don't know the answers.

2. You should enquire at your local Army Careers Office and through your TA unit chain of command.

3. When you get your wrist done, get a brain transplant for not being able to work out the answer given in 2 above for yourself!

5. You're a special prick aren't you?

Advice was being sought here and it was not a stupid or unreasonable question to ask.

If you have nothing decent to say in response to a genuine question for someone who is concerned about military service, you need to take a big mug of shut the fuck up.

You're a disgrace :x

6. How is that affecting your wanking?

7. Ahhhhhh, someone needs a hug, what's the matter, not getting any at home are we?

Seeing as the ONLY person who can say yay or nay on this question is the examining medical officer to either get in (reg) or stay in (TA) ANY advice here is like your penis, worthless and counting for nothing! Oh, and at least THIS pr!ck answered his fcuking question rather than just posting girlie comments on others posts :p

Now have a beer and go and find your sense of humour! :lol:

8. No you never answered the question.

You advised a different route, which would have been more than acceptable if you had left out the flaming.

Consider this: This is the recruitment thread and therefore intended for people who don't know the answers to questions, that for us the answers seem obvious, so cut them a little slack.

Also, as we know, joining the forces is not a decision taken lightly, lets not discourage genuine posters from joining the Army.

This isn't about me not having a sense of humour or needing a drink, this is about you being in the wrong. If you want to fuck about stick to the NAAFI bar.

BTW have you considered the original poster submits girlie posts due to being female?

9. hi again

The army careers office and my Ta unit were obviously the first places I tried. The army careers office said they can't answer medical questions my unit just said don't worry just focus on getting better. The reason I posted in the recruitment sub forum of the RAMC forum was in the hope that a MO or army doctor would see it and hopefully answer my question.

Sometimes I think a brain transplant would be quite useful :p

Oh and Im a girl so I have mastabatory aids that don't put stress on my bad wrist, thanks for your concern :p

10. 1. In the original thread matie ask "Will this prevent me from joining the regular army and will I have to leave the TA? If you do not know the answer do you know where I should inquire?"

I answerded "I don't know the answers" and "You should enquire at your local Army Careers Office and through your TA unit chain of command".

You've stated "No you never answered the question" - you may wish to correct yourself, you talking bo11ox on this point.

2. You wrote, " BTW have you considered the original poster submits girlie posts due to being female?" in response to my "Oh, and at least THIS pr!ck answered his fcuking question rather than just posting girlie comments on others posts".

You must be drinking as you failed to see this is clearly me indicating that a. I answered his post, and b. YOU were posting girl comments on MY post!

And the answers I gave still stand. Ask at the ACIO, the TA CoC and the ONLY bod who can say yay or nay is an MO!

Oh, and if someone is put off joining an organisation where they teach you how to kill people with rifles and bayonets by some harsh comments on the internet, well, maybe the job isn't for them!

I look forward to correcting more of your inaccuracies to my last and this post at a later date!

11. Sweetie, Drs being the cnuts they are can say what they like here but can only give you the real yay or nay after examining your wrist.

My advice would be ditch the sex aids, find a bloke and build up those wrist muscles from vigorus and frequent hand jobs (and at least you seem to have a sense of humore, good luck! :wink: ).

12. Hi Luv.............. mate :(
    I smashed me ankle badly when I was 10 years old,had pins and plates put in (nearly lost me foot!) still sets off airport alarms! but I joined up, went through basic, and did 12 years, they reckon my pined ankle was stronger than the normal one! I can only go on what happened to me, but it was 30 years ago and pins have got a lot better!
    good luck mate :wink:

edited to sat 'hi luv'

13. This is not an answer to the question originally posted. It is a seperate piece of advice.

Therefore i'm correct in the first instance. 'I don't know' is not an answer. In what tests or exams have you undertaken that accepts 'I don't know' as a correct answer.

Semantics, maybe, but you're pushing the point.

Hmm. I'm deeply hurt that you consider my referal post girly. NO thats right, i couldn't give two stuffs considering you were in the wrong and i was right to flame you.

As i said, it was good advice, but you ruined it with you second point.

Your clearly clueless about leadership, management, recruiting and retention. Are you even serving? If so the comment above might lead some to believe that you have yet to be promoted and are actually quite unintelligent. I'll reserve judgement.

You've yet to correct any inaccuracies. However making a little bit of sense in your posts may aid you in your endevour.

Now please make a re-poste worthwhile as having a battle of wits with you is hardly fair as you appear only half armed.

14. A scaphoid pin should not affect your ability to move your wrist in any way. The scaphoid is only a small bone in your hand and the pin just ensures that it wont fragment. Chances are that it will take a short while to build your wrist back up to strength after the surgery. After a month or so, press ups should not be any problem. Although I'm not sure, as I'm not an army doctor (yet), I strongly suspect that this won't bar you from passing the medical.

15. Of course it bloody is you fool!

How is the question, "If you do not know the answer do you know where I should inquire?" not answered by "I don't know the answers [i.e. I don't know the answers to whether the persons wrist etc as ONLY an MO can say that]" and "You should enquire at your local Army Careers Office and through your TA unit chain of command."?

Please expand on your argument to the above as I honestly cannot see how "If you do not know the answer do you know where I should inquire?" has not been answered by "I don't know the answers [i.e. I don't know the answers to whether the persons wrist etc as ONLY an MO can say that]" and "You should enquire at your local Army Careers Office and through your TA unit chain of command."?

I look forward with great interest to your full-witted explanation to this simple half wit!