Metal Mugs

brucewillis said:
She left me because, she didn't like me carrying out metal mug tests on the hexi burner, in the middle of the sitting room carpet.

I thought after her GI Jane role she would have joined in. But she ran out the house screaming and caught the bus to her mams.
Some women just don't appreciate a real man...

Yep, brew out of metal mug (spoon left in), unshaven, vest left on for a week or so and of course boots on the kitchen table.

Modern women just don't understand the Alpha male.

Lady_Macbeth said:
brucewillis said:
She left me because, she didn't like me carrying out metal mug tests on the hexi burner, in the middle of the sitting room carpet.

I thought after her GI Jane role she would have joined in. But she ran out the house screaming and caught the bus to her mams.
Some women just don't appreciate a real man...
Have you two got the hots for each other, if so, I hate to think what the kids will look like ! LOL

Thought the thread was about metal mugs not avatars chatting each other up.

brucewillis said:
GM,

Look at your avtar compared to mine, I'am going to get chatted up aren't I!
Oh dear...how sad....never mind :D

Recce19 said:
brucewillis said:
GM,

Look at your avtar compared to mine, I'am going to get chatted up aren't I!
Oh dear...how sad....never mind :D
You got me there Bruce. Still sad though. :thumright:

Lady_Macbeth said:
brucewillis said:
Here's a thought, why when none of the above mugs are issued (to everyone) does the good old Hexi cooker have a stand for the metal mug?. It never used to.
'cup converter' now included with the cooker. Specific to BCB type mug. I think those are only issued for those going to cold places?.

Really popular mug with civvie 'bushcraft' types cos their God Ray Mears uses one.
Anyone got a picture of the cup holder type cooker?

EX_STAB said:
Lady_Macbeth said:
brucewillis said:
Here's a thought, why when none of the above mugs are issued (to everyone) does the good old Hexi cooker have a stand for the metal mug?. It never used to.
'cup converter' now included with the cooker. Specific to BCB type mug. I think those are only issued for those going to cold places?.

Really popular mug with civvie 'bushcraft' types cos their God Ray Mears uses one.
Anyone got a picture of the cup holder type cooker?
Find it here
http://www.bestglide.com/crusader_cooker_info.html

Thanks catch.

I see now that the Crusader one fits over the bottom of the bottle rather than the top. A great improvement over the plastic rim type that only goes over the top meaning you end up keeping your water bottle upside down. Doubt the Crusader would've fitted in a 58 pouch back then but clearly not a problem now. Crusader cooker looks great.

No that's not the issue one I've seen. Its made of the same metal the burner is made of, and just sits across the top of the cooker.

That's because it isn't the issue item. The issue one is part of the hexi burner. Same metal and fits over the the burner with a Crusader shaped hole cut in it. Introduced about 3 years ago and 'absorbed' into costings by insisting troops use the same cooker for longer. I'll do a pic when I can.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bluecoveralls REME 4
kayak8889 Classified Ads 2
quiller Weapons, Equipment & Rations 5