Metal Mugs

Anyone know where I can get a the 58 Pattern metal mug at a reasonable price?

Some twunt has stolen the one I bought last year... :shakefist:

Cheers...

HVM :thumleft:

Or the 85 pattern mug. Aluminium with black teflon coating and a detachable plastic rim. Boiled soup on the range in mine at the weekend!

It fits the 58 pattern water bottle and is a lot more use than the 58 patt. mug. Getting soup out of the rim can be a bit of a nuisance.

£15.00 from Penrith Survival.

Thats the one i want. Infact thats the one I had.

Thought it was a bit pricey at £15 when I bought it from Pentrith Survival myself, but its definately worth the money.

Oh, and the plastic rim is flammable!!! Oops. ;)

2nd the steel BCB made issue Crusader system (who the feck names a mug & cooker) work well, hexi blocks work on it the gel stuff is so so.

Bennett said:
http://www.ukkitmonster.com/product_info.php?cPath=78&products_id=24 Kit monster do the one you want, and handily give you the NSN for it so you can see if you can get your QM to order one for you. Although I recomend the steel BCB one its great.
Thanks for the advert but that's the BCB Crusader mug on my site not the aluminium 58 type. BCB item is larger (0.75l) and tougher than the '58 pattern (sometimes called the 85 mug?) but also heavier. No plastic lip available but it just melts anyway. Having used both I'd recommend the BCB steel Crusader. But that might be because I sell them...

Kit_Monster said:
Bennett said:
http://www.ukkitmonster.com/product_info.php?cPath=78&products_id=24 Kit monster do the one you want, and handily give you the NSN for it so you can see if you can get your QM to order one for you. Although I recomend the steel BCB one its great.
Thanks for the advert but that's the BCB Crusader mug on my site not the aluminium 58 type. BCB item is larger (0.75l) and tougher than the '58 pattern (sometimes called the 85 mug?) but also heavier. No plastic lip available but it just melts anyway. Having used both I'd recommend the BCB steel Crusader. But that might be because I sell them...
I allways thought the idea was to take the plastic lip off before you put it on the burner. I've got that 58/85 metal mug and thought it was shi8te.
Never used the other thing.

Kit_Monster said:
Bennett said:
I allways thought the idea was to take the plastic lip off before you put it on the burner. I've got that 58/85 metal mug and thought it was shi8te.
Never used the other thing.

Never used the other thing.[/quote]

Worked that out when it melted... But I was only young at the time.

Bennett said:
Had these issued ten years ago, not sure how they manage to sell any if it's available through the system ?

The ones with the removable plastic bit are gash, get the pukka steel one (don't bother with the black coated one it only wears off anyway - we were issued two of the plain steel ones and they are bomb-proof)

Goose_Rider said:
Bennett said:
Had these issued ten years ago, not sure how they manage to sell any if it's available through the system ?

)
Because stores are for storing....

the plastic rim is a bit cacky, if it gets just a wee bit bent out of shape, then it is fooked.

Cuddles said:
the plastic rim is a bit cacky, if it gets just a wee bit bent out of shape, then it is fooked.
I've never had a problem with mine although it is prone to getting dirty.

Were they on general issue then, the only place Ihave seen them is in the shops...

Issued within 5 AB Bde approx ten years ago, same for Booties as well from what I saw when some of them (59 IIRC) came to us for some pre-deployment trg.

I've seen them in the shops and wondered why people buy them, maybe not on general issue - anyone else been issued them ?

Edited to add: the ones I was issued had 'BCB' and an NSN stamped on them (we all got two each)