Metal Mugs

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by HVM_Boy, Feb 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know where I can get a the 58 Pattern metal mug at a reasonable price?

Some twunt has stolen the one I bought last year... :shakefist:

Cheers...

HVM :thumleft:

2. No but I know were you can get the foil backed paper that you put over the edge for drinking.

3. 58 patt mugs were black plastic. You want the old 44 pattern metal cups.

4. Yes your right, we carried both on the 58 belt, had a senior moment lol.

5. Or the 85 pattern mug. Aluminium with black teflon coating and a detachable plastic rim. Boiled soup on the range in mine at the weekend!

It fits the 58 pattern water bottle and is a lot more use than the 58 patt. mug. Getting soup out of the rim can be a bit of a nuisance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

£15.00 from Penrith Survival.

6. Thats the one i want. Infact thats the one I had.

Thought it was a bit pricey at £15 when I bought it from Pentrith Survival myself, but its definately worth the money.

Oh, and the plastic rim is flammable!!! Oops. ;)

7. 2nd the steel BCB made issue Crusader system (who the feck names a mug & cooker) work well, hexi blocks work on it the gel stuff is so so.

8. Thanks for the advert but that's the BCB Crusader mug on my site not the aluminium 58 type. BCB item is larger (0.75l) and tougher than the '58 pattern (sometimes called the 85 mug?) but also heavier. No plastic lip available but it just melts anyway. Having used both I'd recommend the BCB steel Crusader. But that might be because I sell them...

9. I allways thought the idea was to take the plastic lip off before you put it on the burner. I've got that 58/85 metal mug and thought it was shi8te.
    Never used the other thing.

10. I allways thought the idea was to take the plastic lip off before you put it on the burner. I've got that 58/85 metal mug and thought it was shi8te.
    Never used the other thing.

11. I allways thought the idea was to take the plastic lip off before you put it on the burner. I've got that 58/85 metal mug and thought it was shi8te.
    Never used the other thing.[/quote]

Worked that out when it melted... But I was only young at the time.

12. Guess that's why they sell replacement lips for mugs!

13. Had these issued ten years ago, not sure how they manage to sell any if it's available through the system ?

The ones with the removable plastic bit are gash, get the pukka steel one (don't bother with the black coated one it only wears off anyway - we were issued two of the plain steel ones and they are bomb-proof)

14. Because stores are for storing....