metal in my leg.

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by nathan89, Jan 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. right ok . new here. you obviously get this question all the time but researched and cant find an answer.
    waiting to meet doctor on tuesday to fill medical papers. I have a metal rod in my tibia due to a rugby injury 4 years ago .
    anyway now i am fully fit, playing rugby every week and play at national level. Full range of movement no problems at all.
    have i even got a chance with my medical. it says metal work in last 12 months means you cant join so...

all im asking is have i got a fighting chance? or am i totally wasting my time. I am very fit and totally healthy no problems at all with leg.
    any replies would be great.
  2. i have read that and it states metal fixations within last year..
    so what your saying is i will have no problem at all then???
  3. Why in the name of God Almighty did you post a medical question in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy'?

Are you going to show us your X-rays?
  4. I had a pin in my leg when I was younger, as I smashed my right hip and fractured my femur. I have a cracking scar. It looks like Dr Frankenstein operated with a saw made of sharks teeth.

Just thought I'd mention that. I can't help with your answer, though you could argue that the metal has been in longer than 12 months so the "in the last 12 months" doesn't count. I've know lads I served with that had plates in the body and all been good.
  5. Not being a medical professional what I'm saying is it seems like you should be OK but that decision rests with the people who are properly qualified and paid to make such decisions.
  6. oh soory im new took me ages to figure out how to even post. !! so i have got a chance then havnt i . Im guessing if the doctor can see im totally fit and doesnt bother me in any way and have full range of movements i should be ok.
  7. thank you puts my mind at rest. can i move this post to the correct place?
  8. The recovery room?
  9. i wouldnt know where to start
  10. Clearly.
  11. HHH

HHH LE

If you join up can you come back and let us know,
    for I like a film with a happy ending.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Will it be like that time on Brokeback?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mmmmmm...never mind the metal in leg, how's the lead in your pencil..!!.. :)
  14. You're weird. I also don't recall a spaff test when joining up.