metal in my leg.

right ok . new here. you obviously get this question all the time but researched and cant find an answer.
waiting to meet doctor on tuesday to fill medical papers. I have a metal rod in my tibia due to a rugby injury 4 years ago .
anyway now i am fully fit, playing rugby every week and play at national level. Full range of movement no problems at all.
have i even got a chance with my medical. it says metal work in last 12 months means you cant join so...

all im asking is have i got a fighting chance? or am i totally wasting my time. I am very fit and totally healthy no problems at all with leg.
any replies would be great.

C

cloudbuster

Why in the name of God Almighty did you post a medical question in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy'?

Are you going to show us your X-rays?

P

PrinceAlbert

I had a pin in my leg when I was younger, as I smashed my right hip and fractured my femur. I have a cracking scar. It looks like Dr Frankenstein operated with a saw made of sharks teeth.

Just thought I'd mention that. I can't help with your answer, though you could argue that the metal has been in longer than 12 months so the "in the last 12 months" doesn't count. I've know lads I served with that had plates in the body and all been good.

Z

Zarathustra

i have read that and it states metal fixations within last year..
so what your saying is i will have no problem at all then???
Not being a medical professional what I'm saying is it seems like you should be OK but that decision rests with the people who are properly qualified and paid to make such decisions.

oh soory im new took me ages to figure out how to even post. !! so i have got a chance then havnt i . Im guessing if the doctor can see im totally fit and doesnt bother me in any way and have full range of movements i should be ok.

right ok . new here. you obviously get this question all the time but researched and cant find an answer.
waiting to meet doctor on tuesday to fill medical papers. I have a metal rod in my tibia due to a rugby injury 4 years ago .
anyway now i am fully fit, playing rugby every week and play at national level. Full range of movement no problems at all.
have i even got a chance with my medical. it says metal work in last 12 months means you cant join so...

all im asking is have i got a fighting chance? or am i totally wasting my time. I am very fit and totally healthy no problems at all with leg.
If you join up can you come back and let us know,
for I like a film with a happy ending.

Mmmmmm...never mind the metal in leg, how's the lead in your pencil..!!.. :)

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
You're weird. I also don't recall a spaff test when joining up.
did you not pee in the cup? one of the tests was for protein so we had to ask if they had had a **** since their last visit to the little boys room.

A GK nail in the fib is not a bar to service. Definitively.