Met poster girl, a nasty little racist?

Chef

LE
I remember going to the security officer in Germany and saying Sir, I have bad news and good news. The bad news is I’m getting married, the good news is she’s also in the Int Corps and already has her own vetting to the same level as me. He heaved a sigh of relief and we got back to our usual topic of conversation which was his predeliction for Leica 35mm rangefinder cameras of which he had several and for which I as regi photographer “acquired” many rolls of film from my sources in the Int world
The disappointing issue is that the MOD DV doesn't meet the requirements of other departments and List X companies. Generally additional due diligence (eg hair sample drugs test) has to be undertaken along with additional enquiries.

Good man vis a vis Leicas. I have an Elmar Lens is use on my Zorki 4K.

The disappointing issue is that the MOD DV doesn't meet the requirements of other departments and List X companies. Generally additional due diligence (eg hair sample drugs test) has to be undertaken along with additional enquiries.

Good man vis a vis Leicas. I have an Elmar Lens is use on my Zorki 4K.

Shame that Leica Ms are just rebadged Minolta CLEs and that modern digital ones are Panasonics under that lovely red badge.

The power of marketing...

Shame that Leica Ms are just rebadged Minolta CLEs and that modern digital ones are Panasonics under that lovely red badge.

The power of marketing...
This is a 1940s uncoated Elmar 135 mm lens. Sharp with B&W film

I picked up a Panasonic BMC-TZ70 with a Lumix Vario Elmar lens for £15 in a charity shop. Although small, it knocks the socks off my Nikkor lenses.

Ha ha like RMP quals aren't recognised by the Home Office as being police then?

john_singh

Old-Salt
The problem with the treatment of this jihadi sympathizing 8itch is that it is driven to a huge extent by naivety and misplaced wishful thinking.
As a child you can be forgiven for being naive, as a grown adult you can't.

My view is that as long as it is ordinary members of the public doing the dying and not members of the elite, the gays, the lefties, al-guardian reading/writing types, the children of these same people, then that's fine by them

How does the saying go "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"
Britain isn’t ready for the next wave of returning jihadis

Sudesh Amman: another failure of ‘deradicalisation’
"our lax ‘deradicalisation’ policies, which seem to persist only thanks to the naivety of elite opinion."

"He told his assigned mentor that he had changed"

"Khan repaid his committed and hopeful would-be rehabilitators by taping knives to his fists and plunging them into his mentors’ necks."

"We cannot keep relying on rehabilitative methods that appear to do more for the self-actualisation of the practitioners than for the safety of the public."

My view is that as long as it is ordinary members of the public doing the dying and not members of the elite, the gays, the lefties, al-guardian reading/writing types, the children of these same people, then that's fine by them
Well, let's not mention the three gay men stabbed to death in Reading last year by a loony Jihadist.

john_singh

Old-Salt
Well, let's not mention the three gay men stabbed to death in Reading last year by a loony Jihadist.
You are right, let's not mention them, also let's not mention the murders at the Orlando gay night club, or the regular attacks on the gay community throughout western Europe by followers of a certain peaceful religion.

The left and the gay community are willing to forget and change the subject because they don't want to be "islamophobic" and also it will cost votes.

You can't have your queers and your koran.

D

Deleted 15653

This is a 1940s uncoated Elmar 135 mm lens. Sharp with B&W film

I picked up a Panasonic BMC-TZ70 with a Lumix Vario Elmar lens for £15 in a charity shop. Although small, it knocks the socks off my Nikkor lenses.
My main camera is a LUMIX G80. I have the standard zoom 12-60, the Leica 100-400 which is excellent and weighs a ton and the 20mm f1.7 prime which is astonishingly sharp- all excellent lenses on a great camera

This looks like what you get when your prioritise identity over ability.

Interesting to note that this story is nowhere to be seen the liberal/left newspapers, usually so fond of police bashing esp when there is a an element of racism involved.

A Muslim police officer hailed as a role model for confronting anti-lockdown protesters is facing an investigation after it was revealed she tweeted a torrent of racist messages and was in regular contact with a suspected female jihadi in Syria.

26-year-old Ruby Begum, who in the months before joining the Metropolitan Police in 2016 is accused of using Twitter to insult Jews and mock the 9/11 attacks.

She frequently used the offensive term 'kuffar' to describe non-believers, writing in July 2014: 'Kuffar lips have been all over my mug there is no way I'm using that thing again.' Elsewhere she describes Pakistanis as 'p***s'.

As Scotland Yard faced questions over how her rants were missed during vetting, it emerged she communicated over many months with a woman thought to have fled Europe in 2014 to live under the Islamic State's so-called caliphate.

The woman would later acquire notoriety for appearing to defend male terrorists' use of minority group Yazidis as sex slaves.

Most of her Officer Begum's antisemitic comments were made in 2014 when Israel launched a ferocious attack against the Palestinian militant group Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

It was prompted by the kidnap and murder of three Israeli teenagers by Hamas. In all, the seven-week conflict claimed more than 2,000 lives, mostly Palestinians.

As the war raged, Miss Begum wrote: 'Dirty Zionist. Jahannam [hell] is awaiting.' In another tweet, she wrote: 'Israel have no limits. Scumbags I can't wait for the day they get severely punished.'

Later that year, she said: 'Zionists have no hearts! They'll get what's coming to them subhanallah [glory be to God].'

She also appears to equate the Israeli-Palestinian conflict with the Holocaust. She wrote in January 2015: 'It's alright when Israel does it #HolocaustRemembranceDay.'

Despite her Asian origin, Miss Begum is also scornful of Pakistanis.

In June 2013, she tweeted to a Twitter user called @rajab_96: 'LOL [laugh-out-loud] it's cos you tweeted about p*** stuff so I thought your [sic] p***. Are you a p***?'

In March 2014, referring to the fierce cricketing rivalry between Pakistan and Bangladesh, Miss Begum tweeted: 'I don't care about cricket, just love this thing between Bengalis and p***s.'

She also mocks the 9/11 attacks in her tweets, even as recently as 2019 when she was a full-time officer in the Met.

On September 11, 2019, as the world marked the 18th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, Miss Begum tweeted: 'Omg [O my God] it's 9/11 today? Jokes, I only noticed.'

On the same anniversary in 2014, she tweeted: 'Must be stupid if you think I'm gonna do 2 mins silence for 9/11.'

The Met says she is now on restricted duties.

View attachment 594967

Muslims will be Muslims...

My main camera is a LUMIX G80. I have the standard zoom 12-60, the Leica 100-400 which is excellent and weighs a ton and the 20mm f1.7 prime which is astonishingly sharp- all excellent lenses on a great camera
My go-to camera is a 1936 Zeiss Ikon Süper Ikonta 520 rangefinder with a Carl Zeiss Tessar f3.5 10.5 cm lens. It is a top of the range 120 roll film camera producing a whopping 6 x 9 cm negative. Given its size and weight (cast chassis) it would be useful in a CQB.

Last edited:
D

Deleted 15653

My go-to camera is a 1936 Zeiss Ikon Süper Ikonta 520 rangefinder with a Carl Zeiss Tessar f3.5 10.5 cm lens. It is a top of the range 120 roll film camera producing a whopping 6 x 9 cm negative. Given its size and weight (cast chassis) it would be useful in a CQB.
I had a Mamiya C330 which produced 6x6 negatives. I got rid of it mainly due to the logistics of processing but I enjoyed using it. Digital is just so good now though composition is still the key.

Fast primes have got a lot better, I've got a 58mm f1.2 and that is razor sharp wide open, still auto focuses in near darkness well too

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
You are right, let's not mention them, also let's not mention the murders at the Orlando gay night club, or the regular attacks on the gay community throughout western Europe by followers of a certain peaceful religion.

The left and the gay community are willing to forget and change the subject because they don't want to be "islamophobic" and also it will cost votes.

You can't have your queers and your koran.

Let’s not mention the sainted Owen Jones flouncing off Sky news paper review getting Mark Longhursy sacked and J H-B trying not to laugh but you could see her chesticles moving vigoursly.

Latest Threads