Met Police take over Maddie Investigation

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by zero-over, Jun 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Scotland Yard takes over the inquiry into Maddie's disappearance from Portuguese police after they fail to make a breakthrough in six years | Mail Online

I think the Home Secretary is expecting miracles or making a very expensive and pointless play for Press opinion.

[pause for 5 minutes to allow you all to speculate about who did it, regurgitate last year's maddie jokes and post that Mr Men pic]

In my opinion the chance of any conviction is nil because of various jurisdictional issues and the passage of time - this is just to appease the readerships of various papers.

2. You would think that the police would have been working in conjunction with each other in the first place.

Good luck to them anyway.

3. Maybe they'll dig up some new evidence

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  4. After six years? I doubt it. This is a PR exercise by the police/government. The McCanns must have some big-time clout to keep this case going after so long and officialdom want to be able to say that they tried.

• Like Like x 1

5. Anyone know of any other instance where the head of the Governments Media Monitoring Unit was parachuted in to take control of the media and message?

6. Theres a really good chance of a conviction in this case. Two in fact. Of Child Neglect.

• Like Like x 4
  7. My contempt for Dr and Dr McCann is on a par with my contempt for the Blairs.

It still wouldn't surprise me if they were involved in Maddie's disappearance. (The McCanns I mean, although I wouldn't put anything past that grinning spiv Blair.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mention has been made if Mr men. Can somebody point me in the direction of it?

9. There's a cartoon in the Mr. Men style showing a bloke digging a hole - he's called "Mr. McCann"

10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

PLEASE be careful! The McCann's are notoriously litigious and, whatever you may feel about their behaviour as parents, do NOT accuse them on here of anything that could be taken as defamatory. Please...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mr McCann looks slightly ginger.

12. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Is commenting on their inept parenting skills defamatory? I'd hate for them to gain more financial benefit because they abandoned their children in a hotel room.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Hopefully the moderators will act slightly more sensibly and less like deer caught in the headlights. Given the McCann's own account of what happened, criticism of their parenting is fair comment and shouldn't fall foul of anyone's over-sensitive delete button.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Oh I do hope this will bring out some more over tired, truly shit Maddie jokes.

• Like Like x 1