Met Police PR disaster at Westminster Bridge

Why don't you adhere to the social distancing rules?
Portable devices are now being fitted with a “social distancing” app, that emits a tone if within 200cm of another app, it’s allowed to be disabled under certain criteria. Far better than the instantly deployable hula-hoop contraption officers fitted to their waists, which was trialled..

Last edited:

1&12

LE
Cressida Dick is obviously a Dick - not only did she set an unbelievably stupid give me 15 minutes of PR time example first time around but she failed to liaise with NHS to prevent their invasion of the bridge or to order her troops to be sensible and set an example, and to control the public, so they did it all over again a week later.
Unbebloodybelievable.
If the police were showing restraint and discretion with a situation rather than wading in with batons against Joe Public and the NHS personnel on the bridge, fair enough, but it looks like they're just loving 15 minutes of faceache / youtube a la Cressida.

I'm guessing that they don't arrest shoplifters during the day but then go out tea leafing of a Thursday Eve so why the fek is it ok to enforce social distancing during the day until they feel like a cuddle for a photo shoot?
Fekkin unprofessional and fekkin unbelievable and I'd say that words fail me but from the Outraged of Middle England shite I've just typed they obviously don't.

Absolute idiots.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in Manc land..

So funerals of drug dealing scum (sorry club promoters who may not have been entirely angels though mercifully are now wiv them) are fine to attend en masse because the attendees will kick off if not allowed. Made doubly embarrassing when rival not an angels decided to go all Michael Stone on the gathered mob.

Seemed like a perfect excuse for mass arrests of the local scum.

Meanwhile in Manc land..

So funerals of drug dealing scum (sorry club promoters who may not have been entirely angels though mercifully are now wiv them) are fine to attend en masse because the attendees will kick off if not allowed. Made doubly embarrassing when rival not an angels decided to go all Michael Stone on the gathered mob.

It’s Gorton “no humans involved” although knowing the pikey nature of most residents they will be suing the Police for endangering their lives by allowing the gatherings!!!

YM

Last edited:
Getting as bad as los Yanquis, who will applaud the opening of a packet of crisps.

Hey, I would applaud if I saw a bloody copper here.

At the start of it all they seemed to just vanish into the undergrowth and my lad, being the boy racer that he is, told me he had swung by the "secret" police parking area and seen that they were all parked up and none of their personal vehicles were present. No personal vehicles means no one has arrived to take out a duty vehicle.

Then rumours started to spread of plod being offered time and a half to turn up, self proclaimed hero's that they are, and to actually do the job they are sworn in and paid to do. This rumour was half confirmed when it came out on telly news that another of the city's locally had in fact upped officers pay to keep them out on duty at the moment - another bunch of hero's - as all these twats just call in and report a member of their family is showing symptons and they are self-isolating. Magically with the extra incentive to salary there seem to be less family members suffering symptons.

We were the injured party in a road traffic incident where damage was caused to our property and have had personal contact*1 with the local police in the last fortnight. It would also appear that our hero's are working minimal shifts, the detective we are in contact with tells us that they are only working every fourth day at the moment.

I have said it before and I shall say it again; most local city plod in the US are a waste of oxygen, no better than mall ninjas with a badge and gun. Sheriffs departments and state police still seem to be doing their job from what I have seen.

Well, thats better now I have that off my chest.

Edit to add: *1 All the contact we have had is by phone, or email, the officer who initially dealt just shoved a card through the letter box with an incident number on it. As soon as anything goes beyond more than a ticket an officer can fill out it gets handed off to a detective to do some real police work, that includes investigating vehicle incidents.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in Manc land..

The hysteria is laughable. Either being near someone is a death sentence, in which case let the low lifes get on with it in Darwinian fashion, or it doesn't make much difference so we need to stop wazzing our kecks if someone gets within hailing distance.

Doesn't make much difference to me. Don't go out much anyway, preferring to be home with the degs and a good book while on leave from places sandy. Only thing it's curtailed is the odd wander through the shateen with the furmonsters and a pint at the brewery after. I'm OK without the pint but the level of disapproval from the degs when I tell them they won't be getting a gargle is a bit of a knife to the heart.

Hey, I would applaud if I saw a bloody copper here.

At the start of it all they seemed to just vanish into the undergrowth and my lad, being the boy racer that he is, told me he had swung by the "secret" police parking area and seen that they were all parked up and none of their personal vehicles were present. No personal vehicles means no one has arrived to take out a duty vehicle.

Then rumours started to spread of plod being offered time and a half to turn up, self proclaimed hero's that they are, and to actually do the job they are sworn in and paid to do. This rumour was half confirmed when it came out on telly news that another of the city's locally had in fact upped officers pay to keep them out on duty at the moment - another bunch of hero's - as all these twats just call in and report a member of their family is showing symptons and they are self-isolating. Magically with the extra incentive to salary there seem to be less family members suffering symptons.

We were the injured party in a road traffic incident where damage was caused to our property and have had personal contact*1 with the local police in the last fortnight. It would also appear that our hero's are working minimal shifts, the detective we are in contact with tells us that they are only working every fourth day at the moment.

I have said it before and I shall say it again; most local city plod in the US are a waste of oxygen, no better than mall ninjas with a badge and gun. Sheriffs departments and state police still seem to be doing their job from what I have seen.

Well, thats better now I have that off my chest.

Edit to add: *1 All the contact we have had is by phone, or email, the officer who initially dealt just shoved a card through the letter box with an incident number on it. As soon as anything goes beyond more than a ticket an officer can fill out it gets handed off to a detective to do some real police work, that includes investigating vehicle incidents.

Swop you yours for ours any time you like.

sarp.png

Surely you can see the irony of two police officers sat shoulder to shoulder in a police car being required to tell members of the public to maintain social distancing.

Only essential double crewing. ARV etc all others single crewed in my force. Any double crewed car should be wearing a face mask.

The legislation in England makes the 2m rule an advisory not a law. Only thing that we are trying to enforce is groups gathering in public.

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
Getting as bad as los Yanquis, who will applaud the opening of a packet of crisps.

Don't they give medals for that?, assuming none of the crisps (chips in Americanese) end up on the floor.

Latest Threads