Met Police PR disaster at Westminster Bridge

I'm ready to do my part at 2000 tonight...

I've got my AC/DC YouTube playlist ready, my headphones are on charge and the Kettlebells are lined up. :)

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm ready to do my part at 2000 tonight...

I've got my AC/DC YouTube playlist ready, my headphones are on charge and the Kettlebells are lined up. :)
Don't forget lasers and fireworks to show the other people you care far more than they do.

There must be other working arrangements which could be made. I can't believe all 150 of you need to be there all at once.

They're not. I should have clarified that's 5 response teams cycling through the shift pattern, along with a few other operational units. There's constant overlap as reliefs come on and go off but three teams per day will be coming in and out, with shared fleet that's in use 24 hours a day, shared work spaces too.

I don't know how many are at the Command Centre at Lambeth but I could easily see a few hundred whose role can't be done at home.

I was out on patrol last Thursday. I’d just come out of a house on a quiet village street having taken a description of someone acting suspiciously in the area. As I got into the car the sirens started from the port. Resisting the ingrained response to dive under the vehicle per “incoming “ SOP, I went up to the end of the cul-de-sac to turn round. Cue families clapping away and pointing at me. They were waving at me too. What was I supposed to do? I contemplated getting out and clapping, though putting the lights on never occurred to me. In the end I did the British thing. I looked slightly embarrassed, smiled and left.

I hate this virtue signalling . I really couldn’t give a monkey’s who goes to bed with whom or what they do there as long as 1. They all consent. 2. It makes them happy 3. No one gets hurt 4. They leave me the fukk alone to get on with my job and my life.

Rainbow parades, dancing cops and the sort of rubbish we saw in Westminster do us no favours. To be fair, my own CoC have not suggested doing anything on Thursday evening. This week I’m on days so if I’m anywhere other than in my shed with a drink I’ll be in such a bad mood that anyone inviting me to clap will get a short reply!

ETA, yes I know I’m a grumpy fukker, deal with it!
I am pleased to report that I am indeed in my shed, with a scotch, the Telegraph crossword and I’m Sorry I’ll Read That Again on the radio. All is well and enjoy the clapping.

TamH70

MIA
I am pleased to report that I am indeed in my shed, with a scotch, the Telegraph crossword and I’m Sorry I’ll Read That Again on the radio. All is well and enjoy the clapping.
Good on you.

I'm listening to Murray Head singing the song that got him banned from Thailand if I recall correctly, and next up is "Fighting Trousers" from the English steam-punk rapper, "Professor Elemental".

And suddenly they get it (subsequent to social media outrage obviously)
The Surrey Police force will no longer clap for carers outside hospitals after backlash from the public on social distancing.

Dorset Police almost get it - they'll clap wherever they happen to be at 20:00.
Police officers won't be visiting Dorset's hospitals for tonight's Clap for Carers due to crowd concerns.
Dorset Police says it's aware hospitals are becoming focal points during the weekly show of appreciation for frontline workers and the risk is that it could cause harm to the people they are trying to thank.

And here, Ms Dick is shown explaining to her officers what two metres looks like.

27316886-8232195-Ms_Dick_rallies_the_troops_on_Westminster_Bridge_last_night_befo-a-24_1587206...jpg

And suddenly they get it (subsequent to social media outrage obviously)
The Surrey Police force will no longer clap for carers outside hospitals after backlash from the public on social distancing.

Dorset Police almost get it - they'll clap wherever they happen to be at 20:00.
Police officers won't be visiting Dorset's hospitals for tonight's Clap for Carers due to crowd concerns.
Dorset Police says it's aware hospitals are becoming focal points during the weekly show of appreciation for frontline workers and the risk is that it could cause harm to the people they are trying to thank.

And here, Ms Dick is shown explaining to her officers what two metres looks like.

View attachment 468191
How would she know. She's never even had six inches (apparently).

rifleair

War Hero
I waited at 2001hrs with baited breath for a knock on the door from the road Gestapo asking why I didn't clap....

Yes, that’s definitely happening. I’ve heard that the government have made it mandatory.

However 120,000 cops are having problems getting around 65 million people to check.

Apparently it’s a defence to say that you did it inside your house.

I would have thought that as they were all living in the same accommodation, they would be considered to be a household, no problem with a household having a bbq in their garden.

nor is the secure dockside of a naval base a ‘public place’

rifleair

War Hero
nor is the secure dockside of a naval base a ‘public place’

And I would think that the deck of their boat could be considered their garden!

Latest Threads