Met Police officers investigated over sticker on van

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Forastero, Aug 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

**** me, I remember plastering 'Army Be The Best' stickers all over HMS OCEAN some years ago and I even managed to stick a sticker in the lift of MOD Main Building showing support for Armed Forces Day last week. Are plod really that **** and humourless that they would launch a miconduct investigation by the Directorate of Professional Standards? Bloody hell boys, get a sense of reality.

BBC News - Met Police officers investigated over sticker on van

2. Whatever happened to the days of "haha, well done, now take it off"?

• Like Like x 6
  3. How do you sleep at night?

4. Like this, perhaps.....
    vagrant.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I know, naughty aren't I?

6. This could have been much, much worse.

From what I've heard, the sticker Cop's next move was to call a nearby police horse "gay". Thank goodness he was stopped in time...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thats a bit harsh, i can remember plastering Vulcan Display flight ones all over other service Vehicles.

8. major sense of humour failure. a little joke has turned into a police investigation. what a load of shit.

when out on the piss on saturday nights we used to have a competition of who could get the old circular yellow and green TA - BE THE BEST stickers in the most impressive place in town. left the town covered in TA stickers very high up lamp posts, on toilet cisterns, or on illuminated beer taps (where it normally shows which beer you're drinking). looks like we were all very lucky not to get investimagated.

9. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Jack from HMS Scarborough (or rather several of them) painted "UNDER THE PROTECTION OF THE ROYAL NAVY" in bfo white paint letters on the main runway at Gan the night before the Crabs had AoC's inspection.

Welsh plod must be truly ****.

10. Does the gate guard at Wittering still have "fly navy" stickers on it?

11. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

And yet it's ok for them to splatter their huge "POLICE UNAWARE" stickers on badly parked cars? F**king hypocrites.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Looks like you ***** had a tough weekend training. No wonder you STAB ******* are useless mongs.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Hardly surprising. This is exactly the kind of attitude that is filtering down from the top. It's very likely symptomatic of Bernard Hogan-Howe's "Total(itarian) Policing" strategy, which has shown itself to be little more than management-by-ultimatum. At a very early stage in his tenure, he made a very obvious point of gripping his senior management, not by being inspirational, encouraging or innovative, but by being something of an old-fashioned bully. The climate of fear generated by his 'northern hard man' style of management naturally gravitates downwards and it is unsurprising that the result is a loss of perspective and over-reaction.

He has, so far, shown himself to be possessed of an unimaginative and humourless style of leadership that has always been common in the Met. In his case, however, it's more of the same... but harder.

14. I thought you'd fucked off or were dead!..............Shame I'm wrong on both counts!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Does anyone know where I can get a job-lot of those stickers? I would be willing to travel to Wales purely so that I could stick one on every Heddlu vehicle I could find.

• Like Like x 3