Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Met Gun amnesty

Blogg

LE

It seems that the IoW and Oxfordshire have the same type of people collecting the same type of weapons or they both used a stock photo!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Send that gem on to local Police Commissioners along with a couple of unwelcome FoI requests.

Sure there is a simple administrative error behind it, not an agenda

Last edited:
A World War Two machine gun has been handed in to police

Pristine MG-42 and a WW1 Mauser in Gwent, surely from the same cache.

Plod pictured looks rather comfortable with the commie-killer don't cha think?

About 1990, when I bought a deactivated Sten mkII, from a dealer in Lincs, he had an MG-42 for sale for (I believe) £250. £50 for the Sten was frowned on; when my fingers started twitching like Wallace thinking about cheese I got the death stare.

I wonder if the Americans would get such a good response if they offered an amnesty ! :-D
Depends, here in the US its usually a "Buy Back" you hand in a working gun and a debit card valued at a certain amount based on type of firearms handed in

In Connecticut a few years ago a woman walked in with her late father's fully functional STG 44 he had brought home in 1945 and had been in the Attic since. She was given a $50 debit card for a firearm worth in excess of $50K. in another case a PIAT was turned in (God knows why someone had brought that thing back). one stipulation is the guns cannot have been used in a crime. 2 years ago in NYC a Lewis Gun was handed in (Apparently a WW1 Vets bringback according to family history)

Working guns had to be stipulated as some would find broken or DEWAT guns and turn them in and then use the money to buy real working guns

Also Debit cards for local stores now instead of cash for the same reasons as above

In some states Trolling has become a common thing where Buyers will offer more then the Buy Back program gives right up to the door.

This brings the police into disrepute, if we begin to suspect that, put bluntly, the police are conflating Deacts and airsofts (or "lying to us on the subject of guns" to put it another way) then what else are they lying about?
I suspect this started with the "war on drugs". Certainly I, like anyone anyone with a clued up mate, remembers the whole "police seized drugs with a street value of 1 million dollars!" being explained to us. Cops and customs don't do that anymore, guess they got caught out? But they are doing something equally dishonest with guns. Or air guns. Or toys.
Seems like the police, when it suits them, have been lying my entire adult life on one subject or another. If we can't automatically trust that the police are telling the truth then it undermines the very underpinnings of our society.

And you've only just come to this conclusion?

Saw a deactivated Bren gun in a Hastings antique shop the other day, it had lovely smooth working parts!
The dealer gave me that concerned look when I carried out slick NSPs on it. Very nice bit of kit and quite surprised it was on public view and for only £250!

A.N.Other

Old-Salt
Saw a deactivated Bren gun in a Hastings antique shop the other day, it had lovely smooth working parts!
The dealer gave me that concerned look when I carried out slick NSPs on it. Very nice bit of kit and quite surprised it was on public view and for only £250!
Address and is it still there!? :)

My school CCF taught me how to field strip one of tthose in the mid 70's i might remember the full process given a chance.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Ninja sex party? no wonder he looked worried

It seems that the IoW and Oxfordshire have the same type of people collecting the same type of weapons or they both used a stock photo!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TVP and Hampshire Constabulary are co -operating Forces and the picture is probably a jointly published one from the central media office which has been sent out to local media outlets.

Address and is it still there!? :)
Was last week, its down near the Hastings Winkle Club sculpture in the old town. Parallel road to the front, sorry was a tourist not one of the natives!
It was in good condition and had a decent action, the old owner was reluctant to let me strip it down!

Photos like this will be handed in soon.

In fact I'm hoping there's a gun amnesty my way soon as I could turn up to the station with a box full of these.
This looks lethal
banana-gun.jpg

Latest Threads