• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Met DPS under scrutiny.

If it was incompetence I could understand.

Now, bear in mind i have been on the receiving end of DPS incompetence and had close personal friends work on there.

In fact, I was a reference for one - despite saying i did not think it was a good idea, as I am sure I am on their CRIMINT database.

This was a cracking read.

Again, friends of mine are in the index and I worked for senior officers mentioned who rotated out of DPS onto "real CID".

Above all else, when I was in fighting the DPS was like making love to a hedgehog. It was a thousand pricks against one. And "God is not wrong ".

If you know, you'll know, you know?

By the way, the IOPC were utterly incompetent.

As were the PCA and the PCC before them.

If it was incompetence I could understand.

Now, bear in mind i have been on the receiving end of DPS incompetence and had close personal friends work on there.

In fact, I was a reference for one - despite saying i did not think it was a good idea, as I am sure I am on their CRIMINT database.

This was a cracking read.

Again, friends of mine are in the index and I worked for senior officers mentioned who rotated out of DPS onto "real CID".

Above all else, when I was in fighting the DPS was like making love to a hedgehog. It was a thousand pricks against one. And "God is not wrong ".

If you know, you'll know, you know?
I thought that they were reasonably professional, but there was always a kind of OCD vindictiveness about them.

'OK you may not have stolen that kilo of cocaine from the property store, but we know and we can prove that you never booked out your PR on that day'.

Met corruption claims investigated by IOPC

There have always been a handful of corrupt officers, but if this turns out to be true then it's quite alarming; the DPS, themselves, are at it.

A bit of an investigative nightmare.

(Please nobody post the Juvenal thing. It's not inspired, funny or sage. Just lameness posing as erudition.)
The DPS are made up of four types,
1/ those who see it as a leg up
2/ Those who think it beats working for a living as a proper copper
3/ Poachers turned Game Keepers
4/ The ego trippers

The very obvious corruption is their predilection to pursue rank and file, male, white, heterosexuals, while looking the other way with anyone else.

I thought that they were reasonably professional, but there was always a kind of OCD vindictiveness about them.

'OK you may not have stolen that kilo of cocaine from the property store, but we know and we can prove that you never booked out your PR on that day'.
I refer you to my comment, "God is not wrong".

I was always impressed how it varied from good detectives doing vital work against serious and organised crime.

To utter career obsessed back stabbing POS who were hiding from real work.